Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Response to OSO scandal... >

Response to OSO scandal...

Notices

Response to OSO scandal...

Old 05-14-2002, 12:45 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

I believe I have always been fair, balanced, and kept a realistic and very objective approach regarding Active Thunder Boats-----many of you already know that I personally own one! I haven't always responded to some of the recent threads such as; "Active Thunder vs. Cigarette/Apache/Formula" or whatever make of boats that Active Thunder owners were comparing themselves to. Many of the Active Thunder owners (and future owners) HAVE responded to these posts and seem to get a lot of attention. I have chosen to keep silent through most of it. Therefore, I feel I can respond with some merrit here WITHOUT sacrificing myself as a die hard loyalist of Active Thunder Boats. If what I read is true; and as bad as it may be; then what has recently happened regarding Active Thunder is not a good thing, BUT I also think we all know what it's like to dig our own hole. I don't wish bad on anyone or laugh at their troubles---I also know that talk can be cheap when the story is good. So before you all start slinging the mud and clap your hands over someone elses demise----just remember that it can/will come back to bite you. With all due respect, If what has happend is true, I honestly believe that those responsible at Active Thunder Boats are not foolish enough to let something like this happen again.

Last edited by KAAMA; 05-14-2002 at 12:49 AM.
Old 05-14-2002, 01:47 AM
Charter Member #1093
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well said KAAMA!
Old 05-14-2002, 08:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

No problem Mike, but, go back and read all of his posts, from 9 mos ago, and I mean read them, its not an attack on build quality, its a personal view of differences between 2 guys, is it wrong, yes, do I condone it, NO, but you can bet there is more to this story which we will never find out. good luck to you and your Fountain anyhow

Too Old, the boat should be finished in about 5 weeks, its the first time I've actually had the chance to build a boat vs buying an exhisting model. It has been a great expierience working with both Pat and Steve. I enjoyed my Cig but loved the cabin room of my Sonic, and to this point love my Thunder. They have truely taken care of me. Enough said, I will post more facts once I have recieved my boat and have driven it a while. Please post pics of your paint job once finished, have a good day everyone.

Last edited by JASSMAN; 05-14-2002 at 08:30 AM.
Old 05-14-2002, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

This seems to fit a pattern with AT. A number of years ago (3-4) I was at the Cleveland Boat show and a AT rep tried to convince me that Velocity was out of business. I don't know who it was but it left a bad taste.