Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Offshore Racing: Two Is Enough—For Now (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/242772-offshore-racing-two-enough%97-now.html)

Indy 11-20-2010 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by sun tzu (Post 3257280)
your funny... I don't think Dave Scott, Johnny T , Mike Seabold (Bud),CRC, GEICO, Aquamania ,intend on being at races by themselves.(JBS probably :) .. it sounds like your questioning the "big dogs Racing ability,desire and Racing worthiness and acomplishments. Like these guys don't have the balls to run the little boats against multiple competitors....

tand second do you really think us fans fly all the way across the country to attend races to see your lame ass Joker boat?? I'd rather watch the "ttoo quiet " turbines shread it up by themselves than have to endure the nausiating drone of you going by at 35mph. Your not making history ...your making noise

This is what we want to see (big speed).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsPQs...eature=related

Big Boats Come back to Havasu!!

Ummm...nobody really cares about the current formula of racing, you can sit there with your other racing fan and have some fun watching a couple boats compete but the masses don't give a hoot. I might come back to watching boat racing if there were some competition in a simplified formula but for now I'll just continue fine without boat racing in my life.

And if I do come back it won't be watching some boats race around a river out west, it'll be in the rough where it's supposed to be.

AB From Windsor 11-20-2010 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Indy (Post 3257289)
Ummm...nobody really cares about the current formula of racing, you can sit there with your other racing fan and have some fun watching a couple boats compete but the masses don't give a hoot. I might come back to watching boat racing if there were some competition in a simplified formula but for now I'll just continue fine without boat racing in my life.

And if I do come back it won't be watching some boats race around a river out west, it'll be in the rough where it's supposed to be.

Good Luck!

SVL-WARLOCK 11-20-2010 08:53 AM

It is a shame that the two best classes are gone. F-1 and f-2 were by far the best. Lets work on bringing them back.

THEJOKER 11-20-2010 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by SVL-WARLOCK (Post 3257301)
It is a shame that the two best classes are gone. F-1 and f-2 were by far the best. Lets work on bringing them back.

I put Warlock on the map in 1999-2001. I was a dealer and responsible for bringing many F1 boats into the APBA.

Matt Trulio 11-20-2010 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND (Post 3257272)
Self serving??Boater mouth?Boats you favor:bsflag:Oh yea the sleezy ones are the millionares:eek:

Hey Paradise,

I'm sorry but I have no idea what you're trying to say.

Pete B 11-20-2010 11:06 AM

I liked the article till you got to the CMS/Citron match-up, on paper it looked good, and "IF" there were no break downs it could have been exciting. the real races were in Super Stock, Super Cat, and SV limited, were all have to run a similar boat & HP. IMHO the Big Vee classes are too confusing for even those that have been around a while. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

SVL-WARLOCK 11-20-2010 12:03 PM

I was also a dealer for them in 99-01. I raced in f1 99-00. I am sure you saw the back of my boat.

4FX 11-20-2010 12:05 PM

@TheJoker: I'm with ya there on F1 and F2 the BEST racing i have ever seen was there 20+ boats fighting and scratching for every position, didn't matter if it was for the lead or back in 15th-20th. Not to sound stupid what was the REAL reason for the disinigration of these classes???
those where the days

Indy 11-20-2010 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by SVL-WARLOCK (Post 3257301)

+2