Notices

Narrowing Down My Choices

Old 10-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Narrowing Down My Choices

After looking at all the makes of boats, I have narrowed down my choices to Fountain, Active Thunder, and Baja, 28-29 foot. Basically, I like the twins on the Baja, but would also love the single if it was a 500-525EFI, so I could go either way. I am also liking the cabins on the Fountains as it looks like they have an enclosed head, fridge/kitchenette type space. I also like the way they sit in the water. Active Thunder, for mainly the same reasons, but seems like they are selling used for more than the Fountains I've seen. Then Baja, has twin screw and I like the way they look. Basically, how many of you are running a single and don't really see the need for twins? I know twins make it easier to navigate small/tight spaces and stability is better, but as far as speeds, the bigger singles are still seeing the same as the twin Bajas. What would be your preference between the 3?

Last edited by sleev-les; 10-07-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

are you serious?
Old 10-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Registered

I'm not even sure where you are going with your response, but I'm actually looking for legit input.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Do us all a favor and buy a rowboat !!!
Old 10-07-2010, 11:15 AM
Registered

And yet, another funny guy.....

...I mean, really, I don't know what I even said to make you two act like 2 year olds other than features I was looking for in a boat and what people had to say about each make.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

The AT is the hands down winner in that listing. They are being sarcastic.

There is a reason the AT's are slightly more than the others - you get what you pay for.

As for the age old Twins VS Single debate that is always a personal choice. With Twins you ALWAYS make it home. With a single you have half as much maintenance, half as many things to go wrong, half as much cost....
Old 10-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by seafordguy
The AT is the hands down winner in that listing. They are being sarcastic.

There is a reason the AT's are slightly more than the others - you get what you pay for.

As for the age old Twins VS Single debate that is always a personal choice. With Twins you ALWAYS make it home. With a single you have half as much maintenance, half as many things to go wrong, half as much cost....
I have been slowly pushing Baja out of my list of choices and going between the Fountain and AT.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sleev-les
I have been slowly pushing Baja out of my list of choices and going between the Fountain and AT.
In that size range, I may even take the baja over the fountain, all depends on what your gonna do, the fountain will be faster, but the baja will definitely ride better. personally I would hold out for the AT though. As far as engine choices, I am a sucker for big singles, and an unlimited Sea tow or Tow boat US account
Old 10-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

A 28 Active Thunder is much bigger than a 29 Fountain. The cabin may look big in 29 Fountain Pics, but its not.

Have you actually been in or sea trialed any of the boats????

Putting a Baja in the same class is like comparing a Camaro to Porsche and Ferrari.
Baja's are decent boats, but not in the same league.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

fountains have an extremely small cabin. Pics dont do them a justice on their actual size. good boat though.

ATs are nice all around boats.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.