Notices

Anyones wife????

Old 11-23-2010, 06:53 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Anyone out there have a wife that just cant understand how much you love this sh!!!t. Quote: I cant believe how much time and money you piss away on that stupid boat. Its just a boat. Quote: If you buy that new motor I will quit my job. Im not working for your boat!!!
Is it just me??????
MD
Randy,

Just don't complain about the pocketbooks, clothes and shoes she buys.... Or use it against her LOL
Old 11-23-2010, 07:01 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL, you poor fellas. My wife even helps wax the boat

The only caveat is if I run over 80 with her in the boat, I get a very sore left shoulder!!!!!
Old 11-23-2010, 07:09 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Wife Repairs !

Just go vegetable shopping for her "3 carats".
Old 11-23-2010, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife is pretty good with my sickness......she doesn't mind the time and money invested.....she realizes it is my passion......although she doesn't know the actual cost but has an idea........I just have to understand her passion for bags, shoes, diamonds and dresses.......sometimes when I am shelling out for a pair of shoes I do ask her why I have to support both our passions ....WTF....?? The only thing she does bi**h about more and more lately is the safety factor of High Performance Boating...... being a father of one now, and a second on the way I do understand where she is coming from.......
Old 11-23-2010, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Lucky for me that the boat doesn't cost her any money. She really doesn't care what I spend as long as I keep paying the rest of the bills. She never even saw the last 3 boats before I brought them home. I showed her some pics, told her when I was leaving and when I'd be back with the new boat.
I buy a lot of toys and the above is pretty much how it works in my house as well. It's my money so she doesn't really care. Although mine sees it coming (the research for weeks ahead of time on the internet) and is not at all surprised when another car, boat, bike, truck, etc shows up at the house. When one does, I just have to make sure the honey-do list is up to date before the new toy arrives so she doesn't have anything major to ***** about. Typically, she's really good about it as she knows these are the things that make me happy. Then again, I think she just accepted it a long time ago as she knows how I am and there's not a damn thing she can do about it anyway.

Like SG said, in exchange I never say a single thing when she comes home with XYZ, goes out to eat with her friends, or goes to the salon every week. I know those things aren't a drop in the bucket compared to what I spend on toys every year... and besides, she's too frugal to spend big money of the crazy expensive designer crap anyway.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

There are certainly worse habits you can have. My wife never complains about money or time spent on the boat. I think she pisses away more $$ on stupid chit than I do on boating.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Airpacker

The only caveat is if I run over 80 with her in the boat, I get a very sore left shoulder!!!!!
Same here.....lol........I always have a black and blue on my left shoulder in the summer.....lol........
Old 11-23-2010, 07:29 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to have it made, everything for the boat was "Like a hundred bucks or so". Until she actually started working for a boat dealer and when she started it was like "Holy crap I can't believe what people spend on these things". Now she comes home and says "So the guy brings in $9000 in cash so we can get started on his boat, I told him we'd see him next week with another stack."

On the up side I get a really good price on parts and they show up on the kitchen table
Old 11-23-2010, 07:32 AM
CNC
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CB-BLR
My wife never says things like that...she just gets upset if it isnt working during prime summer boating weather...and if it isnt...she says...fix it please!

Seriously...I think it is all about making sure she has all the things she wants out of life as well...its all about balance.

Chris
DITTO
Old 11-23-2010, 07:39 AM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love you Randy Can I drive the boat? I wanna race

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.