Notices

Anyones wife????

Old 11-23-2010, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

I spent a weekend last summer with some friends on their houseboat and he told me he just converts everything into "boat units" with one boat unit equaling $1000. It just sounds better to tell her he's got to spend another 5 boat units on something.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife is cool about it she likes sewing and quilting so I let her buy her things like a 4 k sewing machine and we are good lol Its all good She loves the ride and gives the fam something to do together {come on summer}
Old 11-23-2010, 02:06 PM
Registered

You guys are cracking me up!!

Yeah...I hear it too. She DID pay for half the boat when we bought it so that was great AND she does mention things about it that she wants US to change! It's okay if it's that stuff we are messing with BUT...I was warned that it runs awesome so I better leave the motor alone!! She has a point I suppose."If it aint broke...blah, blah, blah!" We live in 2 different houses right now (not married yet) so money is tighter (for me). Maybe once we get under one roof and 2 incomes it won't be so bad???

Maybe??????? LOl!
Old 11-23-2010, 06:01 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
The philosophy I came up with really helps.

It's called drop a zero.

If it cost $10,000.. it was $1,000
If it cost $5,000 .. it was $500

Since zero is nothing... I'm not really lying, it's more of a fib for her own protection. If she know what i really spent she would have a heart attack. We would have matching Defibrillators at the very least!

This if for her own good! It makes me feel good that I am so concerned with here health

I almost forgot!! I also you "I traded some stuff for it". Money is stuff, isn't it?
Damn Gino, you are like a modern day Confucius! That's some deep sh!t right there.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:03 PM
Registered

just remember ...HAPPY WIFE..HAPPY LIFE...
Old 11-23-2010, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If my wife ever did complain I would just take her out for a bowl of soup and a baked potato.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
The philosophy I came up with really helps.

It's called drop a zero.

If it cost $10,000.. it was $1,000
If it cost $5,000 .. it was $500

Since zero is nothing... I'm not really lying, it's more of a fib for her own protection. If she know what i really spent she would have a heart attack. We would have matching Defibrillators at the very least!

This if for her own good! It makes me feel good that I am so concerned with here health

I almost forgot!! I also you "I traded some stuff for it". Money is stuff, isn't it?
That is exactly what I do, had the top end done, "How much is that going to cost?" I replied, aww not too bad, $250, I'm doing most of the work myself. I get away with a lot stuff by doing myself, but she has no idea what the parts cost, and if I have to pay, I never tell her the true amount.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:57 PM
Registered

Ahhhh keep em coming ......u guys are keeping me single.

Ive been there n done it too. I used to ALWAYS hear n she had no problems announcing to any and everyone the diamond she "expected and deserved" was under my hatches and it was a golf ball size diamond................Ahhhhh shes an EX needless to say....

Always looking for the next EX and taking applicants currently
Old 11-23-2010, 08:37 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

My wife will make the coments but at the same time she knows how much boating means to me...

I've threatened to sell a few times and she's usually the one talking some sense into me.

We work well together, she keeps me balanced (mentally and also my check book).

At this point I just want the kids to grow up so I can go boating with my wife more often.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Anyone out there have a wife that just cant understand how much you love this sh!!!t. Quote: I cant believe how much time and money you piss away on that stupid boat. Its just a boat. Quote: If you buy that new motor I will quit my job. Im not working for your boat!!!
Is it just me??????
MD
haha oh yes, my wife didn't know about saber 28 last fall or my gellner 1100 motor or konrad ace drive from 2years ago. I told her and my family about the boat at my brother inlaws brothers wake. blamed it on him we both were in rough shape these last 20years me with 6 operations from04 to 08 and getting one in 3 weeks and another in jan for me. had 4 before that on my knees. dave and I had bad disks to. he had 4 surgeries on his back and 2 hip replacements. he knew I had bought a konrad ace and had dean gellner build me a blower motor, he said get a bigger hull so I did it was easier to hide used boat money than new haha. man Imiss him cause we both new how bad pain can get when your whole body is phucked up, cancer got him in the end. Iwished he loved boats as much as flat tracking. we was a champ and gave a lot of support and money to local motocross and flat track bike racing through the family dealership. my wife said she will go with me to the races again or rides. she has not been out in my other boat for 15 years. Iam glad that she gets it know. Ijust wise Igot it wet this year but with a lmotor not here until july then having to rig it have headers made then find out gas tank was leaking it never happened. I'm going to be pissed if I by it in the or this winter haha. I hope to be able to get back on it march and hit the water by may.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.