Notices

Am I seriously crazy?

Old 11-23-2010, 10:20 AM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just do your homework and cover your own azz. Just like business. I've bought 4 boats without one problem.

Goodluck man!
Old 11-23-2010, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

How else do you do it? The dealers want you to wire them the money before you take delivery?
Old 11-23-2010, 11:59 AM
CLA
Registered

Originally Posted by ActiveFun
How else do you do it? The dealers want you to wire them the money before you take delivery?
I only do cashier check. I don't hand over the money utill I have the boat on my hitch and the title in my hand. I make sure the owner/dealer faxes me a copy of the boat and trailer title front and back before I go get the boat.

My brother bought a baja back in the early 90's and did a wire transfer with a loan. Found out about 2 years later it had a salvage title. He never even looked at the title before buying the boat.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CLA
I only do cashier check. I don't hand over the money utill I have the boat on my hitch and the title in my hand. I make sure the owner/dealer faxes me a copy of the boat and trailer title front and back before I go get the boat.

My brother bought a baja back in the early 90's and did a wire transfer with a loan. Found out about 2 years later it had a salvage title. He never even looked at the title before buying the boat.
How do you do it when there is a loan involved? And if the boat is from FL and documented? I dont think there is a title involved.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:54 PM
CLA
Registered

How do you do it when there is a loan involved? And if the boat is from FL and documented? I dont think there is a title involved.
My bank lets me take the check. I have a good relationship with them.

There has to be some type of paperwork for the boat. Never bought a boat out of FL though. But I'm sure it can be done easily.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

The documentation paper itself has a paragraph for transferring ownership that acts like a title.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Thanks for all the advice/thoughts. I have an idea how this goes from here.

I will say the I would definitely buy from Mahapoc(Charlie is the goods) if they had anything I wanted.

I'm on the hunt over the Winter and you KNOW I will post it asap.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cb...

What are you thinking about...???

Cat or V?

Size Range?

Price Range?
Old 11-23-2010, 05:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
The documentation paper itself has a paragraph for transferring ownership that acts like a title.
I am not sure that the doc has the lienholder on it if there is a outstanding loan on the boat.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
I am not sure that the doc has the lienholder on it if there is a outstanding loan on the boat.

The documentation Certificate lists lienholders but I guess any document can be forged or falsely obtained. But for documented vessels that certificate does act as the title/means for xferring ownership.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.