Offshore Racing: Two Is Enough—For Now

Notices

Offshore Racing: Two Is Enough—For Now

Old 11-19-2010, 04:08 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,234 Posts
Default Offshore Racing: Two Is Enough—For Now

I can be as hard as anyone on offshore racing, but http://boatermouth.com//index.php?vi...ntent&Itemid=8.

Of course it would be a lot better with bigger fleets and better parity. But it is what it is. For now.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:55 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never understood the circus show and championships with single boat count. Will the next millionaire please get in touch w/ me so I can show you how to really make history in offshore powerboat racing.

ps........It won't take a million dollars either.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:43 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,234 Posts

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
I never understood the circus show and championships with single boat count. Will the next millionaire please get in touch w/ me so I can show you how to really make history in offshore powerboat racing.

ps........It won't take a million dollars either.
Right with you on the single-boat-in a-class thing.

About six years ago, I competed at the 24-hour Mountain Biking Nationals with my four-rider team. There were four teams in our class. Three quit riding when it got dark. My team didn't, and we "won" a "national" title.

Needless to say, my "national championship" jersey has never seen the light of day, at least on my body.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Well the GF and I sat down and watched Versus last weekend, the Ocean City Race. Some of it wasn't bad. But we quickly tired of the constant interviews, which at some points, completely overshadowed the race coverage. We also noticed something else at the same exact time and said "Who the heck is he racing against"? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm sorry, I don't like watching cars race around an oval making left hand turns all day either. But at least it's a race. Most of the You Tube videos for Poker Runs and even fun runs is more exciting, and no interviews.

How about a reality TV show that features a boat that tours the nation for Poker runs?
Old 11-19-2010, 08:57 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by VtSteve
How about a reality TV show that features a boat that tours the nation for Poker runs?
Dude, you are on to something. Call Hollywood. Now.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 11-19-2010, 08:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

It's an obvious feature and draw. Plenty of people willing to do it, and plenty can afford to do it.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:04 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very few people on here have experienced over 20 boats in the same class going into turn 1. If you ever get the chance you will never forget it. I had the chance in F1 and F2 and until the spec classes come back I'm going to keep beating the drum.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:51 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG

Last edited by jayboat; 11-20-2010 at 08:29 AM. Reason: hijackery
Old 11-20-2010, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

blah

Last edited by sun tzu; 11-20-2010 at 08:19 AM. Reason: lame slow boats
Old 11-20-2010, 08:21 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by sun tzu
your funny... I don't think Dave Scott, Johnny T , Mike Seabold (Bud),CRC, GEICO, Aquamania ,intend on being at races by themselves.(JBS probably .. it sounds like your questioning the "big dogs Racing ability,desire and Racing worthiness and acomplishments. Like these guys don't have the balls to run the little boats against multiple competitors....

tand second do you really think us fans fly all the way across the country to attend races to see your lame ass Joker boat?? I'd rather watch the "ttoo quiet " turbines shread it up by themselves than have to endure the nausiating drone of you going by at 35mph. Your not making history ...your making noise

This is what we want to see (big speed).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsPQs...eature=related

Big Boats Come back to Havasu!!

Ummm...nobody really cares about the current formula of racing, you can sit there with your other racing fan and have some fun watching a couple boats compete but the masses don't give a hoot. I might come back to watching boat racing if there were some competition in a simplified formula but for now I'll just continue fine without boat racing in my life.

And if I do come back it won't be watching some boats race around a river out west, it'll be in the rough where it's supposed to be.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.