Toughts and Prayers for my MOM.......

Notices

Toughts and Prayers for my MOM.......

Old 12-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
They are doing a biopsy this morning to find out exactly what we are up against. So far the answers we've been getting are as clear as mud We would rather have an answer and deal with it accordingly, than have another week of not knowing. It's taking more and more morphine to relieve the pain.

Thanks for keeping her in your thoughts.
Man Bubba!! Tears for your mom and then I have to look at you and that FRO and laugh a little!! Sorry about the bad stuff. Breaks my heart
Old 12-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are doing a biopsy this morning to find out exactly what we are up against. So far the answers we've been getting are as clear as mud We would rather have an answer and deal with it accordingly, than have another week of not knowing. It's taking more and more morphine to relieve the pain.

Thanks for keeping her in your thoughts.

Keep us posted with the news if you can bud.

My Grandma had to take the morphene as well on her bad days, then had to have it constantly as it progressed further. The Hospice treatment was the single BEST thing we did for her there near the end. Once it gets to a certain point, you can only hope to keep them comfortable, and the Hospice people do a GREAT job of that

My Mom & Dad send their love as well. We are all thinking positive thoughts for your family
Old 12-03-2010, 12:37 PM
Mac
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hang in there Bub,I agree with Brandon on Hospice, those are some special people
Old 12-03-2010, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's sure frustrating dealing with the docs, Your Mom has a great smile in those photos, and such pretty blue eyes. I hate to think what she is going through now. Is that her Yorkie?
Donna
Old 12-17-2010, 09:21 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Well after 3 weeks and 2 different sets of biopsies, we still don't have any answers. Some docs said to go ahead and call hospice, while others said it's no big deal. She has been in good spirits and pretty normal when they have the pain under control. When she's not in too much pain, she's ready and willing to fight this. When the pain hits her, it's a different story though. We are going to start radiation ASAP, which could have been done 2 weeks ago.

Thank you all for the calls, texts, and well wishes on here. It really means A LOT
Old 12-17-2010, 10:00 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the update Bubba Still saying prayers for you, your mom, and your family

Old 12-18-2010, 04:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well after 3 weeks and 2 different sets of biopsies, we still don't have any answers. Some docs said to go ahead and call hospice, while others said it's no big deal. She has been in good spirits and pretty normal when they have the pain under control. When she's not in too much pain, she's ready and willing to fight this. When the pain hits her, it's a different story though. We are going to start radiation ASAP, which could have been done 2 weeks ago.

Thank you all for the calls, texts, and well wishes on here. It really means A LOT
Still praying for your family. Prayer is a very powerful tool best wishes to you guys of the holidays.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:27 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bubba, I know what your going through. My Mom went thru it in 2007. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. I know back then it was the brothers and sisters of OSO that got me through the hard time I had with both my Mom and Dad. God Bless and I will light a candle tonight in church for her. If you need to talk my # is 201-665-1033. Regards, Augie
Old 12-18-2010, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

read these posts from start to finish dont know you but keep your spirits up its good to know you have a good bunch of boaters helping you stay strong all the best paul
Old 12-23-2010, 07:40 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Before starting radiation, they had to stabilize her lower back. They operated today and fused L1,2,3&4. The surgeons said it did not look like cancer or infection in her back, just chunks of cartilage. They are sending some of the chunks in for biopsy just in case. Hopefully they come back clean and the 28 days of pain in the hospital was just nervous doctors due to her past cancer. We still have the spot on her liver, but we've beat that before, and she can do it again.

I hate to be overly optimistic until the 3rd biopsy comes back clean, but this is the best news that we've had in this LOOOOOONG month.

Thanks again everyone for your well wishes and prayers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.