Good story for the holiday season-boat related

Notices

Good story for the holiday season-boat related

Old 11-27-2010, 01:07 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good story for the holiday season-boat related

Kind of restores my faith in human nature.Got a call this morning from I guy I don't know and he doesn't know me,wanted to right a wrong he did to me 20 years ago.He said in 1990,at age 16,he and some wild friends went out one night on a vandalism spree,no reason,just teenage craziness.They knocked over some mailboxes,vandalized some cars,then randomly pulled in to my store.Saw a new Glastron boat outside and he drove a boot knife all the way thru the side of the hull,leaving a 1" hole.He has now changed his life,become religious,and after 20 years wants to confess and pay for the damage to clear his conscience. I said that wasn't necessary,I forgive him and appreciate the honesty after all these years on an incident I don't remember.He insisted on leaving me a check.I asked what he thought was fair,he said he was prepared to pay me from $200 to $20,000 to make it right.I said if if will help you move on,put a $200 check in my mailbox at the store(he was there now,home for Thanksgiving,he lives in FL now)Dano was at the shop later,the check was there with his name,address and phone #.Dano remembered the incident,he thought a truck had accidently hit the boat and he repaired the hole .I am going to mail the guy the uncashed check with a note that he is a good man to own up to a prank after 20 years.Whenever I get upset at some deadbeat that doesn't pay me,I will think of this guy and feel better.Just wanted to share a good true story.Robert

Last edited by Magicfloat; 11-27-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Great story, thanks for sharing
Old 11-27-2010, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Very cool. True blessing for all involved.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

That is a great story, this person has seen the light after all these years and wanted to make it right and you the victim forgave him and accepted his apology and asked for nothing in return. At his insistence to pay you, you were very generous to say that the damage was only $200.00 but I think it would have been more to fix the $200.00. You also went a step further and are sending him back the check. He is blessed to have changed and wanting to make it right and you are blessed for, forgiving him and not taking advantage of him. Great story and Merry Christmas to the both of you.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:51 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

Very Cool - Vandalism is a crime I have never understood.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are a good man, Robert. What goes around does eventually come around. Think of you often and hope all is going well for you.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to hijack, but I`ve got one to share also. I was 21 and fresh out of the navy working as a diesel mechanics helper. I think I was making $10 an hour. My rent on the little house I was in was a month late and it was a week before Xmas. I was on my way home from work and there was an elderly lady broke down standing in the rain. I pulled over and helped her out, she had a busted radiator hose. The next day my land lord was banging at the door, I figured trying to collect the late rent. He said he had seen me helping the lady out the day before and it put him in the spirit. He told me my rent was paid up till february. True story, still makes me feel good!
Old 11-27-2010, 07:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by johnny g
Not to hijack, but I`ve got one to share also. I was 21 and fresh out of the navy working as a diesel mechanics helper. I think I was making $10 an hour. My rent on the little house I was in was a month late and it was a week before Xmas. I was on my way home from work and there was an elderly lady broke down standing in the rain. I pulled over and helped her out, she had a busted radiator hose. The next day my land lord was banging at the door, I figured trying to collect the late rent. He said he had seen me helping the lady out the day before and it put him in the spirit. He told me my rent was paid up till february. True story, still makes me feel good!
Another great story, thanks for sharing.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

Awesome
Old 11-27-2010, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just finished looking at CNN Heros...Looks like there are still a few decent and caring people living on planet earth...

Goodwill and peace to all...

Divenstar

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.