Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sarasota, New Years Day FUN RUN 1-1-11 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/243360-sarasota-new-years-day-fun-run-1-1-11-a.html)

CigDaze 01-01-2011 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by FeverMike (Post 3286634)
Well I really screwed up....I totally forgot to put fuel in the boat and the local marina in Apollo Beach is closed. I don't have enough fuel to get down into St. Pete and try to find something.

ARRRRGH.....this is what happens when you work on New Years Eve Day.

Damn Mike! Total bummer. We would have loved to see you and Lisa! I'm telling you, other than Mar Vista, it was like a ghost town. Nothing else on the water was open.

FeverMike 01-01-2011 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by CigDaze (Post 3286852)
Damn Mike! Total bummer. We would have loved to see you and Lisa! I'm telling you, other than Mar Vista, it was like a ghost town. Nothing else on the water was open.

Lisa says Hi! My boat is on fumes right now and I let my planning get away from me.

Maybe my marina in Apolo Beach will be open tomorrow and I can get out and get some fule and go for a spin.

Hope to see you guys around soon!

CigDaze 01-01-2011 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by FeverMike (Post 3286853)
Lisa says Hi! My boat is on fumes right now and I let my planning get away from me.

Maybe my marina in Apolo Beach will be open tomorrow and I can get out and get some fule and go for a spin.

Hope to see you guys around soon!

Likewise. Erin says "hi."
The sooner the better. It's been a while. Take care. Happy New year!

rchevelle71 01-01-2011 09:56 PM

Nice meeting some new people, and seeing some old faces, gotta get west more often.

Ryan Beckley 01-02-2011 09:26 AM

Glad you made it over Rick! Pete got some great shots of you!

Ryan Beckley 01-02-2011 09:28 AM

Thanks to everyone that made it for the run, over 35 boats. The wind kicked up a bit but most everyone had a great time. We had boats from Michigan, Maryland and all over Florida! From 12 footers and up, fishing boats to full on raceboats. See you all soon!

rchevelle71 01-02-2011 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley (Post 3287108)
Glad you made it over Rick! Pete got some great shots of you!

Thanks for putting this event together, it was fun, wish we could have run the outside, but I guess even the big cats came back in also. As soon as I figure out what's left in the budget after the fuel bill(actually not too bad, Ray helped out, Thanks Ray:drink:), I will be ordering some pics from Pete, just wish I had repainted the boat before those shots, oh well, there is always next year, I will be calling you sometime this spring for some stickers once the new paint is complete:evilb:

Rick

Zero Patience 01-02-2011 05:27 PM

Great time Ryan, where were our stickers for 2011? I have never seen so many boats at Mar Vista.