Old 12-02-2010, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

now where is that popcorn
Old 12-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
I spoke with Wyatt Fountain yesterday and he said this rumor is not true. I will call Reggie Fountain today.

I for one will be interested to see what an unbiased, intelligent man turns up for an answer here. These deals lead to way too much speculation by way too many who know not of where they speak.

As long as Fountain continues to build a boat that has the quality, handling and performance that we have come to know and expect over the years I will continue to be a fan and owner. Even if, for whatever reason, Reggie is sitting at home on the porch.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 12-02-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Boat Boss
Unconfirmed:

1st he is refusing to sign a non compete agreement as per his employmet agreement and has been told sign it or dont let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out.

2nd Liberty found out he moved molds and plugs out of the plant during the bankrupcy and got caught and was forced to return them.
LOL !
Old 12-02-2010, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

My god, what would happen to the gold boat jewelry market.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

To me Fountain is nothing without Reggie!! Just like Cigarette and Neil.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up I am sure you will hear more in short order!!!

I am sure you will all hear more in short order, stay tuned.

Team Shogren

www.teamshogren.com
Old 12-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Elite Marine
I dont necessarily care for Mr Fountain. I respect his driving abilities, records, accomplishments and the business he built, but the Cat Killer stuff and sideshow stunts really were pathetic. How does a company expect a guy who has been in the boat business his whole life to sign a no compete?

I dont get any company that thinks they have a right to take your living away. If they cant compete with him then its their problem not his. I hope he walks and starts another boat business just to stick it to them.

Go Reggie!
Are you the guy who puts turbines in 28' cats.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:56 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

I dont get any company that thinks they have a right to take your living away. If they cant compete with him then its their problem not his. I hope he walks and starts another boat business just to stick it to them.

Go Reggie!
Only a guess but the No Compete was ONLY(if) because he had some of the molds and was ready to start building.

You know, the QUICK START way.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Go Reggie!
they cant, its called restraint of trade and most times it supercedes a non-compete. I've delt with them as employer/employee but I'm sure its different at the corporate level especially if its contingent on the sale of a business. I've signed non competes and laughed at them while i was doing it.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 12-02-2010, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
I for one will be interested to see what an unbiased, intelligent man turns up for an answer here. These deals lead to way too much speculation by way too many who know not of where they speak.

As long as Fountain continues to build a boat that has the quality, handling and performance that we have come to know and expect over the years I will continue to be a fan and owner. Even if, for whatever reason, Reggie is sitting at home on the porch.
Hopefully they continue to build a quality boat with Reggie or without, I fear there is alot of hedge fund / trader mentality in the corporate world today, and may be a major reason why Reggie would be having issues with the transition, some of the corporate tricks involved at that level is enough to make anyone lose their cool, remember a fountain is not a fountain without Reggies family name, Im sure he is going to try like hell to protect it. Anyone who has sold a family business to a major corporation knows exactly what I am talking about. I dont have a Fountain, but I respect Reggie, he does alot for our sport, he was never afraid to show his face at events and shows during the bankruptcy, I saw him in miami and key west that year, which is when I became a fan. That takes balls, and in my humble opinion, hes done great things for our sport reguardless if you have a cat a vee, or a jetski.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.