Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   More changes at Fountain (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/243475-more-changes-fountain.html)

Steve 1 12-04-2010 06:38 PM

Christ is that a piss poor attempt at a Zoot Suit or did a helper in the glass shop taylor that for him.

All kidding aside I respect the man ,his Ego drove that outfit to the wins and records.

28 V 12-04-2010 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Back4More (Post 3267000)
They look like boat evangelists.

lol..The intent of my earlier post was not to pick on the well dressed man, but to suggest the serial entrepreneur below is not the Bill Gates in the photo :)

http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/a...770/images.jpg

Jupiter Sunsation 12-05-2010 10:24 AM

Too bring this thread full circle:

Does anyone here even know anyone that is seriously considering a purchase in the next 6 months of any of the 4 brands?

They can floorplan the 80MM worth of boats (16 dealers at 5MM min) but unless someone buys the boats it is just inventory that dealers are suffering with like they did in 07/08/09.

cosmic12 12-05-2010 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 3267374)

Does anyone here even know anyone that is seriously considering a purchase in the next 6 months of any of the 4 brands?

They can floorplan the 80MM worth of boats (16 dealers at 5MM min) but unless someone buys the boats it is just inventory that dealers are suffering with like they did in 07/08/09.

Finally........
And what banks will do the loans?

DollaBill 12-05-2010 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 3267374)

I talk with LOTS of people. And I dont know ANYONE looking at new. Obviously some will be sold but I don't see demand at all. And, as stated before, who is going to finance them??

DirtyMoney 12-05-2010 10:39 AM

The only way a bank will take the notes is if the factory somehow guarantees the values.

Jupiter Sunsation 12-05-2010 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by DollaBill (Post 3267385)
I talk with LOTS of people. And I dont know ANYONE looking at new. Obviously some will be sold but I don't see demand at all. And, as stated before, who is going to finance them??

The only stuff I see selling new is NT, OL, Cig etc....not production stuff like Fountain/Donzi/Baja.

BTW the article fails to mention that there is a fair amount of unsold 07-09 new Fountain/Donzi inventory out there.

The other alternative is going to be redone boats like Shogren did with XXX and Phil has done recently with ugly cigs.

THEJOKER 12-05-2010 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 3267391)
The only stuff I see selling new is NT, OL, Cig etc....not production stuff like Fountain/Donzi/Baja.

BTW the article fails to mention that there is a fair amount of unsold 07-09 new Fountain/Donzi inventory out there.

The other alternative is going to be redone boats like Shogren did with XXX and Phil has done recently with ugly cigs.

And Joker /Epic keeps plugging along. Our 10th year now! :kiss:

cosmic12 12-05-2010 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by THEJOKER (Post 3267434)
And Joker /Epic keeps plugging along. Our 10th year now! :kiss:

And you my friend along with a few, very few, small custom builders that are not in dept with a large overhead
are the ones that will still be around in the years to come.
Somehow you guys, A.T. , Pantera, Sunsation, and a few others that don't have the big money /oversea's customers need to figure out how to get the banks back on line for the everyday average joe working schmuck to get back in the game.

Who the hell are these guys kidding? 5m. floor plan from the get go? Never gona happen, they will be lucky to do 1---2 boats a month.

Catastrophe 12-05-2010 02:50 PM

If the dealers take on that floorplan idea they will be the next guys being walked to the curb by the beancounter from Liberty Associates.

Its not the environment to do that in now.