More changes at Fountain

Old 12-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More changes at Fountain

Fountain Powerboats Reports Positive Dealer Interest;
Discontinues Factory Superstore

Washington, NC – December 1, 2010:

Amidst renewed interest from marine industry dealers, Fountain Powerboats is implementing new sales strategies and is discontinuing its factory-direct “Fountain Factory Superstore,” the company announced today.

Bill Gates, Fountain’s Chairman, stated, “The factory superstore was an effective interim selling solution prior to the Fountain’s reorganization, but today, retail interest is on the rise, our dealers are gaining confidence in our new management team, and other dealers are taking notice. Overall the market outlook surrounding Fountain Powerboats is very encouraging, and we are enacting new strategies that serve our long-term vision for the company.”

Previously, potential retail customers in North and South Carolina, Virginia and Open Areas not covered by dealers were offered the option of purchasing boats directly through the factory superstore, via its website and dedicated factory sales staff. Fountain has announced that it will discontinue this practice effective December 1, 2010.

Gates explained,”Providing Fountain’s end customers with a positive service experience is crucial, and there’s no better way to assure such an experience than by partnering closely with a strong dealer network. With that in mind, the decision was made to allow our dealers to do what they do best, while we refocus our own efforts on supporting them by designing and building the finest performance boats in the industry.”

Fountain and parent Liberty Associates, in its commitment to expand their Dealer network, is offering a minimum of $5.0 Million dollars in Floor Plan financing to dealers. John Walker, Fountain’s COO, stated that “Fountain and its affiliated companies have signed up 16 new dealers over the past 6 months with the assistance of this Program, and for a limited time, dealer’s are eligible for additional incentives under this Floor Plan Program.” Walker further stated that “Qualified dealers interested in coming on-board should contact a member of Fountain’s Dealer Development Team by calling 252-975-2000, as these additional incentives will only be available through the week of the Miami Boat Show ending on February 21, 2011.

Since 1979, Fountain Powerboats has established itself as one of the most significant names in offshore powerboats, amassing numerous offshore racing titles, fishing tournament championships, and accolades from boating publications, while building a loyal, worldwide customer base. Fountain manufactures virtually all its components in-house at its modern 250,000 square-foot facility on the Pamlico River in Eastern North Carolina. Today, the company produces a wide array of fishing boats, express cruisers, and high performance sport boats ranging in size from 31’ to 48’. To find out more, visit the company’s website at www.fountainpowerboats.com.

For more information on this story, contact: John Walker, Fountain’s COO at 252 – 975-2000.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Start puttin V-10's in them damn things already!!
Old 12-03-2010, 01:05 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Interesting who is not quoted in all of this!

Look for the "homogenization" of all of the performance brands under this umbrella. There is no sense in carrying 3 separate and distinct product lines in this market.... 3 separate labels and trim, yes...but the same wine inside the bottles.

Bye, bye to another independent, niche manufacturer. Hello to corporate speak. The dreaded guys in golf shirts have taken over Reggie's empire it seems.

Sadly the future seems to be global mega-companies for all your product wants and desires. If you can't find something that actually fits your needs at least the dumb downed product you settle for will be reasonably priced. If that's not enough then some Japanese/India/Chinese consortium is surely busy creating "virtual life" technology to lull you into complete complacency as we speak. You may not really have a boat, but with your goggles and control modules strapped on you'll barely know the difference.

George Orwell and Ayn Rand really could see the future.

Please pass the Soylent Green.

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 12-03-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Registered

Fountain and parent Liberty Associates, in its commitment to expand their Dealer network, is offering a minimum of $5.0 Million dollars in Floor Plan financing to dealers. John Walker, Fountain’s COO, stated that “Fountain and its affiliated companies have signed up 16 new dealers over the past 6 months with the assistance of this Program, and for a limited time, dealer’s are eligible for additional incentives under this Floor Plan Program.”

Great news in a few years we will have a new supply of bank repo 2011 Fountains to chose from.Sorry but the industry is not ready for this and may not ever be.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 362 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x

Please pass the Soylent Green.

T2x
I often thought that myself Rich.....
Jr.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:09 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by OUTLAW11
is that the bill GATES? chairman of fountain i thought fountain was DONE
Done meaning the copmpany or the man himself!!
Old 12-04-2010, 12:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by OUTLAW11
is that the bill GATES? chairman of fountain i thought fountain was DONE
Believe it or not it's THE Bill Gates. I didn't believe it either until I saw the photo of him and the new COO.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:34 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wait "Bill Gates" and "Johnny Walker" now run Fountain? This sounds like a country song.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:40 AM
Registered

Received 48 Likes on 14 Posts

Well said T2x....Cat you scared me had to look for myself...Bill Gates is standing to the right of the man in brown who deserves the finest of tailors...

From left, Reggie Fountain, Bill Gates and John Walker of Liberty Associates with J. Keith Crisco, North Carolina’s secretary of commerce.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:08 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rbr2328
Wait "Bill Gates" and "Johnny Walker" now run Fountain? This sounds like a country song.
Momma's don't let your babys grow up to be boat builders.........

Or.... I was drunk the day Fountain got out of bankruptcy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.