Notices

More changes at Fountain

Old 12-04-2010, 01:13 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 28 V
Well said T2x....Cat you scared me had to look for myself...Bill Gates is standing to the right of the man in brown who deserves the finest of tailors...

From left, Reggie Fountain, Bill Gates and John Walker of Liberty Associates with J. Keith Crisco, North Carolina’s secretary of commerce.
That's the pic I saw. Yes Reggie sorely needs a good tailor because whoever tailored that suit should be banned from every sewing machine in the world lol. Just look at the difference in sleeve length and the total bagginess of the suit itself. He looks like a trailer park country bumpkin in that mess.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

He should have gone for the racing jump suit !!!
Old 12-04-2010, 07:53 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Boat Boss
“Fountain and its affiliated companies have signed up 16 new dealers over the past 6 months
I didn't know there were 16 boat dealers left in the country. Must be talking international, they'd better set up shop in Dubai.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:09 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
Interesting who is not quoted in all of this!

Look for the "homogenization" of all of the performance brands under this umbrella. There is no sense in carrying 3 separate and distinct product lines in this market.... 3 separate labels and trim, yes...but the same wine inside the bottles.

Bye, bye to another independent, niche manufacturer. Hello to corporate speak. The dreaded guys in golf shirts have taken over Reggie's empire it seems.

Sadly the future seems to be global mega-companies for all your product wants and desires. If you can't find something that actually fits your needs at least the dumb downed product you settle for will be reasonably priced. If that's not enough then some Japanese/India/Chinese consortium is surely busy creating "virtual life" technology to lull you into complete complacency as we speak. You may not really have a boat, but with your goggles and control modules strapped on you'll barely know the difference.

George Orwell and Ayn Rand really could see the future.

Please pass the Soylent Green.

T2x
I dont disagree, however, If he didn't want the "corporate golf shirts" to take over his company, maybe he should have run it a little better/tighter, stayed out of bankruptcy and not put it up for sale. He was more than happy to take the check, now he argues the details...typical.
Fountain wasn't a niche builder although a couple models of his were corvettes and a few ZR 1's, the rest are Malibu's, the classifieds alone on this site are indicative of that. The fact that a company sees enough in the boat market in this economy to invest and further production shows that there may be hope for a turn around in boat sales.

** before anyone gets their panties in a wad, the car reference is for illustration purposes only**
Old 12-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=offshoredrillin;3266681]I dont disagree, however, If he didn't want the "corporate golf shirts" to take over his company, maybe he should have run it a little better/tighter,
doint see u writing the checks he has wrote for offshore racing . shure have not seen offshore drilling sponser a offshoe race , so so insted of down him walk a few miles in his shoes and see how u do . bet not as well as he did . robbie
Old 12-04-2010, 10:02 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by fountain1fan
doint see u writing the checks he has wrote for offshore racing . shure have not seen offshore drilling sponser a offshoe race , so so insted of down him walk a few miles in his shoes and see how u do . bet not as well as he did . robbie
Well robbie,
I have been a corporate sponsor on a race boat for a couple races so I am quite aware of what it takes. As a matter of fact I have been a corporate sponsor on Championship race teams in a couple of different race series, one for TPC racing who won the rolex 24 hours at Daytona in 2006 with me as a sponsor, and with Team lexus, who was numerous SCCA championships. I sponsored both teams for 5 years, and I came out fine.. I didnt go over budget and spent what was necessary and affordable to my company. feel free to do the research

http://www.tpcracing.net/info/about-us you'll see my corporate sponsorship logo on the front, this was a 5 car team this year, so I had product on 5 cars continuously.

Team lexus was a 6 car team that I had product and dollars in.

Not to mention I took my boat to the inaugural 2008 Don Aronow race to Bimini and back and won my class and I actively participate in poker runs up and down the east coast and have been as far west as LOTO, all within my corporate and personal budgets and have never declared bankruptcy.

What have you done?

Oh and have a nice day

Last edited by offshoredrillin; 12-04-2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

[QUOTE=fountain1fan;3266747]
Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
I dont disagree, however, If he didn't want the "corporate golf shirts" to take over his company, maybe he should have run it a little better/tighter,
I saw an artilce where Reggie said he spent 3 million a year on racing!!
Old 12-04-2010, 10:09 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

[QUOTE=fountain40icbm;3266757]

Dont care if he spent 3 dollars, if it put the company in bankruptcy it was a stupid business move.

What part of poor management decisions don't you understand? Hell he even admitted that in an article.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=fountain40icbm;3266757]

If he didnt do that for his last couple of years someone that counts beans for a living wouldnt be showing him the door to the empire that he built.
Kudos to all that he has done over the years for the whole sport though.

Whole topic is a shame in more ways than 1.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

[QUOTE=catastrophe;3266764]
Originally Posted by fountain40icbm

If he didnt do that for his last couple of years someone that counts beans for a living wouldnt be showing him the door to the empire that he built.
Kudos to all that he has done over the years for the whole sport though.

Whole topic is a shame in more ways than 1.
Exactly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.