Notices

More changes at Fountain

Old 12-05-2010, 10:36 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Too bring this thread full circle:

Does anyone here even know anyone that is seriously considering a purchase in the next 6 months of any of the 4 brands?

They can floorplan the 80MM worth of boats (16 dealers at 5MM min) but unless someone buys the boats it is just inventory that dealers are suffering with like they did in 07/08/09.
I talk with LOTS of people. And I dont know ANYONE looking at new. Obviously some will be sold but I don't see demand at all. And, as stated before, who is going to finance them??
Old 12-05-2010, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The only way a bank will take the notes is if the factory somehow guarantees the values.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by DollaBill
I talk with LOTS of people. And I dont know ANYONE looking at new. Obviously some will be sold but I don't see demand at all. And, as stated before, who is going to finance them??
The only stuff I see selling new is NT, OL, Cig etc....not production stuff like Fountain/Donzi/Baja.

BTW the article fails to mention that there is a fair amount of unsold 07-09 new Fountain/Donzi inventory out there.

The other alternative is going to be redone boats like Shogren did with XXX and Phil has done recently with ugly cigs.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only stuff I see selling new is NT, OL, Cig etc....not production stuff like Fountain/Donzi/Baja.

BTW the article fails to mention that there is a fair amount of unsold 07-09 new Fountain/Donzi inventory out there.

The other alternative is going to be redone boats like Shogren did with XXX and Phil has done recently with ugly cigs.
And Joker /Epic keeps plugging along. Our 10th year now!
Old 12-05-2010, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
And Joker /Epic keeps plugging along. Our 10th year now!
And you my friend along with a few, very few, small custom builders that are not in dept with a large overhead
are the ones that will still be around in the years to come.
Somehow you guys, A.T. , Pantera, Sunsation, and a few others that don't have the big money /oversea's customers need to figure out how to get the banks back on line for the everyday average joe working schmuck to get back in the game.

Who the hell are these guys kidding? 5m. floor plan from the get go? Never gona happen, they will be lucky to do 1---2 boats a month.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If the dealers take on that floorplan idea they will be the next guys being walked to the curb by the beancounter from Liberty Associates.

Its not the environment to do that in now.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:02 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe
If the dealers take on that floorplan idea they will be the next guys being walked to the curb by the beancounter from Liberty Associates.

Its not the environment to do that in now.
You've got to be crazy to get into a 5mm floor right now. Or maybe ever again...

My first FP to take on Fountain was only $1mm. I did 3-4MM a year wholesale with them on that 1mm alone. You don't need any more than that to make it work. And that was almost 10 years ago........
Old 12-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree.

Debt is debt..........I dont care what the source is.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

On top of the debt/sales issue, how many buyers have been spoiled by the "inventory blowout prices" on leftover models. If you could buy a new leftover 08 38 Lightning w/525's for 189K (asking) how is a dealer going to ask 350K for the same boat as a 2011 model?
Old 12-05-2010, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On top of the debt/sales issue, how many buyers have been spoiled by the "inventory blowout prices" on leftover models. If you could buy a new leftover 08 38 Lightning w/525's for 189K (asking) how is a dealer going to ask 350K for the same boat as a 2011 model?
Just wait three years then they can move it at 179k.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.