Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Reggie Fountain: Still at Fountain (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/243654-reggie-fountain-still-fountain.html)

Gary864 12-10-2010 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by DollaBill (Post 3270878)
Thanks, contrary to belief in the Baja forum... I know a few things about the marine biz. I'll call RMF at home the minute he goes this direction. Everyones main gripe is the price of new boats. So what if a new 42 w/ 700's copuld sell for $199,900? and what if you could get into a 35X for $89,900 with 0% financing for 72 months? See what Im saying?

DollaBill

While i respect your opinion I do not think anyomne could sell a 42 with 700's for that price. Isn't the motor, trans and drives close to that cost ? :eek: You still need the hull, steerring ,interior etc..... I will say Yes If any builder could make a 42 with 700,s there would be a back order forever. I just do not think it can be done for that cost.

Cash Bar 12-10-2010 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Catmando (Post 3271134)
I haven't seen Bill Gates in any pictures testing boats or cruising in a poker run. That's odd, since the guy "owns" the company. Reggie is still very active in all areas. What does that tell you ? frankenstein

It tells me Gates is not a boater. He doesn't even own a fishboat much less a performance boat or a yacht. Paul Allen OTOH owns TWO huge yachts, both of which are on the 100 largest yachts list.

Seriously, do people only read the first post and the last post in threads? How many times has it been discussed that this is NOT MS BILL GATES. :lolhit:

Marginmn 12-10-2010 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Sean (Post 3271208)
This happened to Mark Levinson Audio Systems. Since selling his company to Harman, he can't use his own name...he designed and built HIGH end audio systems that also branched into the automotive industry in 2001 Lexus models.

oh...and at one time, Mark used to own a triple engine 42 Fountain...I was working for Jimmy at Falcon while "between careers" and he used to service the boat. Mark was married to Kim Cattrall at the time and brought it to the marina by water because one of the motors was overheating...i climbed in the bilge while Kim was on the boat and somehow sliced my hand up on a hoseclamp and started bleeding all over. She noticed it promptly went in the cabin an got me paper towel to wrap my hand in :) ...nice folks...this was just before "Sex and the City" started heating up...they are since divorced...but i digress.

Cool story. I still think her best work was in Porky's. :)

T2x 12-10-2010 11:50 AM

Reggie is a great boat racer and a very competitive guy with an enormous ego. His business plan, as one would expect from said ego, was based almost entirely on self promotion, which, after reading some of the comments posted here and on other threads over the years, has pulled in a lot of blind "believers" but not a lot of (any) profits.

That having been said, there is nothing about his product line, "Brand", or potential designs that the world can't live without.

I wish him well in his future endeavors, but as far as "Fountain by Fountain" is concerned, in the words of that old country song so often repeated on Monday Night Football ...."Turn Off the Lights...The Party's over".

EXCESS ENERGY 12-10-2010 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by T2x (Post 3271417)
Reggie is a great boat racer and a very competitive guy with an enormous ego. His business plan, as one would expect from said ego, was based almost entirely on self promotion, which, after reading some of the comments posted here and on other threads over the years, has pulled in a lot of blind "believers" but not a lot of (any) profits.

That having been said, there is nothing about his product line, "Brand", or potential designs that the world can't live without.

I wish him well in his future endeavors, but as far as "Fountain by Fountain" is concerned, in the words of that old country song so often repeated on Monday Night Football ...."Turn Off the Lights...The Party's over".

X2

Rattlesnake Jake 12-10-2010 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Cash Bar (Post 3271375)
Seriously, do people only read the first post and the last post in threads? How many times has it been discussed that this is NOT MS BILL GATES. :lolhit:

Let them think they know it all. I'll just wait for the final chapter that may take a LONG, LONG time..:drink:

X-Driver 12-10-2010 02:01 PM

T2X, I don't always agree with your posts but I think you are right on on this subject.

Jason Johnson 12-10-2010 02:13 PM

It's official...Reggie is resigning from the company:

http://www.powerboatmag.com/reggie-f...direction.html

thisistank 12-10-2010 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by jajo (Post 3271491)
It's official...Reggie is resigning from the company:

http://www.powerboatmag.com/reggie-f...direction.html

Now it's going to get interesting!!!

CigDaze 12-10-2010 02:28 PM

Wow.

So, the question is:

Without Reggie being involved in, and overseeing, every facet of Fountain boats' design, construction, fabrication, quality and delivery - who's going to buy one?

A Fountain isn't a Fountain without Fountain.

It's like Playboy without Hugh or Sam Adams without Jim Koch.