Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Reggie Fountain: Still at Fountain >

Reggie Fountain: Still at Fountain

Notices

Reggie Fountain: Still at Fountain

Old 12-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think Reggie will come back strong with something in boats it's what he knows, but also there are some smart guys at Donzi and the boats they have been building the last 5-6 years have been real nice, if some of them get handed the keys another set of eye's looking at the Fountain line might work out to be a good thing. Sometimes change is a good thing.

Let me ask this ? if and it's just an IF the Fountain line gets better they change some things that people like the customer support gets better will the die hard Fountain guys still buy if Reggie isnt there? Now I know they might never get faster or get as many little changes to the bottom like when he was there because that wont make as much money but most dont buy just for speed.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean
This happened to Mark Levinson Audio Systems. Since selling his company to Harman, he can't use his own name...he designed and built HIGH end audio systems that also branched into the automotive industry in 2001 Lexus models.

oh...and at one time, Mark used to own a triple engine 42 Fountain...I was working for Jimmy at Falcon while "between careers" and he used to service the boat. Mark was married to Kim Cattrall at the time and brought it to the marina by water because one of the motors was overheating...i climbed in the bilge while Kim was on the boat and somehow sliced my hand up on a hoseclamp and started bleeding all over. She noticed it promptly went in the cabin an got me paper towel to wrap my hand in ...nice folks...this was just before "Sex and the City" started heating up...they are since divorced...but i digress.
Not that it belongs here I just want to set the record straight.

Mark L had NOTHING to do with the Lexus deal. He was long gone by then. The only person that had to bless the system was Phil Muzio.

Phil used to work with mark and took over after he left, he still is very active in the current designs.

BTW

As for fountain boats, I don't buy a boat because of the CEO , if it's a good product after he leaves I would still buy one.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:39 AM
Registered

IMO you can't compare fountain to Donzi and Baja.. those are just boats. Fountain was different, it wasn't just a brand or a boat but there was a bit of an aura with them.. To me the company is not the same anymore whatsoever. Would I still buy one, maybe.. I was planning on buying one. Now I want to wait and see what will happen. If the name gets dragged through the dirt to become an ordinary lower quality production boat I would be unwilling to pay the steep price for a late model used fountain. The used ones of Reggie era will still be the same boats, but it just wont feel the same. No longer one of the baddest Vbottoms out there. I dont know, just rambling I guess Anyone else kind of see what Im getting at
Old 12-11-2010, 01:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bcfountain
it just will not be the same without big reggiei think liberty is missing the boat here.most fountain owners are die-hard fans and will follow him nomatter what.he is a legend in his own time.like him or hate him,you got to respect him for all he has done for us.
yeah your kind of on the same page as I am. Time will tell who is right nad wrong I guess but I already know what my own opinion is.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Reggie should buy the old Baja building in ohio
and start building again.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:08 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
BTW

As for fountain boats, I don't buy a boat because of the CEO , if it's a good product after he leaves I would still buy one.
ding ding!!! we have a winner!
Old 12-11-2010, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
I think Reggie will come back strong with something in boats it's what he knows, but also there are some smart guys at Donzi and the boats they have been building the last 5-6 years have been real nice, if some of them get handed the keys another set of eye's looking at the Fountain line might work out to be a good thing. Sometimes change is a good thing.

Let me ask this ? if and it's just an IF the Fountain line gets better they change some things that people like the customer support gets better will the die hard Fountain guys still buy if Reggie isnt there? Now I know they might never get faster or get as many little changes to the bottom like when he was there because that wont make as much money but most dont buy just for speed.

Good point on the Donzi line. I have looked over some in the last few years and they do a nice job. Have run side by side with a couple as well, they work well on the water.

I am a big Fountain fan, honestly more a fan of the boat. Fountains just drive and handle differently, it's the reason I switched, and the reason I am in my second one. If they keep those characteristics in the boats, continue with some of the upgrading we have seen over the past couple years in the cabins, cockpits, paint, the little custom touches, I would not have a problem buying one.

I do feel the way this has all gone is somewhat unfortunate. Anytime a man gives his life to something, then finds himself in a position where he has to walk away is just a sad day in my book, doesn't matter who he is. I don't think this story is in it's final chapter just yet, will be interesting for sure.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:45 AM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
I do feel the way this has all gone is somewhat unfortunate. Anytime a man gives his life to something, then finds himself in a position where he has to walk away is just a sad day in my book, doesn't matter who he is. I don't think this story is in it's final chapter just yet, will be interesting for sure.

I could'nt agree more on that statement... and that in its self is a sad fact of the whole Fountain story.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Not that it belongs here I just want to set the record straight.

Mark L had NOTHING to do with the Lexus deal. He was long gone by then. The only person that had to bless the system was Phil Muzio.

Phil used to work with mark and took over after he left, he still is very active in the current designs.

BTW

agreed...i realize the way I worded the sentence could lead one to believe he was involved with the Lexus deal...my aplogies for the confusion.

now on with our regularly scheduled programming....

Long live Reggie! LOL
Old 12-13-2010, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Sean,

Can you clear your pm box?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.