Notices

Just Curious

Old 12-14-2010, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge

Contrary to those that seem to feel that "Frugality is the buzz word of these new times".
quoted out of post context, you go "boy"
I just wonder if he's run out of closets at the hospital to take advantage of that "target rich enviroment".
nope.
but hey, if you concerned yourself a little more with what you have at home instead of how much azz I'm getting or where-
you wouldn't have to drink so much.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:05 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
There is an unbelievable amount of useful advice here that I would be willing to bet was contributed more by paying members then registered members. By no means am I lumping everyone in the same catagory, but I would bet that more paying members contribute useful info and more registered members ask for help. It is understandable that people just register to ask a few questions. But, I also believe that repeated questions should at some point should warrant a membership to "give back". Where else are you going to get a true experts invaluable advice for free and know that it's correct?
give what back? and to who?
IB didn't answer the question or give good advice, another boater did!
Maybe the other boater should get paid!

as far as who's doing what with the site:
I have asked 1 question that I can think of in the last couple years and that was just recently on the "planes" thread!
but I have posted good info/answers to others more than once in the last couple days alone!

So NO, you definitely wouldn't want to lump everyone together!!
Not to mention I paid 6 of 8 years I've been around and have contibuted as mentioned in an earlier post!

not you personally of course...
but many others taking the holy road even if not posting that stance might want to answer the question I asked earlier...as painful as it may be...

"have you contributed anything of real info/value?"
Old 12-14-2010, 11:29 PM
Registered

Received 277 Likes on 96 Posts

Imagine if facebook charged a fee like OSO, instead of Mark Zuckerburg being a billion air he would be a KA ZILLION AIR!!!
Old 12-14-2010, 11:37 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Rippem
quoted out of post context, you go "boy"

nope.
but hey, if you concerned yourself a little more with what you have at home instead of how much azz I'm getting or where-
you wouldn't have to drink so much.

Out of post context, what part did I miss here? Freeloader is where it's at these days? Forgive me!

Pay if you want, don't pay if you don't want to, just don't get all up and righteous on those that feel it's worth the money and see some value in this site. Your value added is marginal at best.

Far as what I have at home, for sure not one of your closet queens, but it's honest and real. I surely don't view her the same as you do most of yours. Don't think I could sink that low.

P.S I win! Reaction is right on target!
Old 12-14-2010, 11:43 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Rippem
give what back? and to who?
IB didn't answer the question or give good advice, another boater did!
Maybe the other boater should get paid!

as far as who's doing what with the site:
I have asked 1 question that I can think of in the last couple years and that was just recently on the "planes" thread!
but I have posted good info/answers to others more than once in the last couple days alone!

So NO, you definitely wouldn't want to lump everyone together!!
Not to mention I paid 6 of 8 years I've been around and have contibuted as mentioned in an earlier post!

not you personally of course...
but many others taking the holy road even if not posting that stance might want to answer the question I asked earlier...as painful as it may be...

"have you contributed anything of real info/value?"

Must be a slow night at the hospital. Do you even have this chit at home? Or do you just waste your employers time and money on here?
Old 12-15-2010, 03:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

....I'd go VIP if the T' shirts came in my size, but they don't.
Or if they actually had a graphic on the back of the shirt like the old ones used to....
Old 12-15-2010, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the HOT BOAT site even exist anymore? Just trying to figure out what comparable sites are left and cant come up with any.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
I wish more were like you.

I have read the entire thread and am surprised at some of the comments. People keep commenting about they can get the info for free elsewhere. Can you? Then why are you getting it here? Will you really get the correct info elsewhere? I have been to a bunch of other sites and I am floored at all of the horrible tech advice given. How much is the correct info worth? What if someone gives you some bogus advice and you scatter your engine. I'll bet this site will look a little more attractive then.
There is an unbelievable amount of useful advice here that I would be willing to bet was contributed more by paying members then registered members. By no means am I lumping everyone in the same catagory, but I would bet that more paying members contribute useful info and more registered members ask for help. It is understandable that people just register to ask a few questions. But, I also believe that repeated questions should at some point should warrant a membership to "give back". Where else are you going to get a true experts invaluable advice for free and know that it's correct?
Also, why should the advertisers pay the entire bill? I'm not sure about others, but I find it difficult to put a value on advertising here. I seriously doubt that I get a positive ROI just from my add. I get my ROI from spending hours a day answering questions and giving advice. I highly doubt that someone just sees my add and decides to call me to buy an engine. I would say that I am one of, if the not the most, active engine builders on here given advice and assistance. I'm not doing it to generate business, since the VAST majority of guys I help will never buy anything from me and I know it. I do it because I love what I do and I know what it's like to not be able to afford to pay someone to fix what's broken, everytime it breaks.
I'm here hanging out like everyone else who has a passion for this sport. Only I have to pay over 2K a year to do it.
I'm sure there will be plenty that don't agree with me, that is why I usually don't get involved in these types of threads. Just thought I would throw out an advertisers point of view.
Eddie
this entire post is a fail...which is surprising coming from a paid advertiser.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:34 AM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by moses0324
this entire post is a fail...which is surprising coming from a paid advertiser.
Why is it a fail?
Old 12-15-2010, 11:47 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess I pay because I feel it is worth it. I enjoy this site, and what it has to offer, check it out most every day. By signing up an spending a few bucks you do get a little more.
I'd go VIP if the T' shirts came in my size, but they don't.

This is much like stopping by the local gin mill on the way home from work, the cocktail will for sure cost you more than making one at home, but you are paying for the atmosphere and being to share time with some friends for a while.
Very well put BIG Daddy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.