Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   new boat/engine drive combo?????? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/243852-new-boat-engine-drive-combo.html)

omerta one 12-12-2010 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by boatfreak (Post 3272967)
Are we sure that we are even talking about Cig?:party-smiley-004:

Since Tracy has been in search of a demo ride in a 39 Cig for the last year now I'd say yes.

ILMORdude 12-12-2010 04:06 PM

I understand that companies have agreements with other co's. In these times, why the F wouldnt a builder just build a hull that the customer wants and have say, TNT, rig it with whatever the customer wants? Money is Money. But i guess 1 boat isnt going to make or break Ciggy

offshoredrillin 12-12-2010 04:16 PM

if that is what you want tracy, plenty of 39's for sale with brokers. See if they will do the swap as a pkg deal. buy a 1 year old 39, sell the power and do the switch. I'm sure Ilmore would do anything they could as it would give them the usable info for future swaps.

JIMKID Motorsports 12-12-2010 04:16 PM

get what you want i can put ilmors in it for you my shop is 15 minutes from theres they would luv to do a cig

NASCAT 12-12-2010 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by omerta one (Post 3272956)
What's the take on the Indy Drives; how have they been performing thus far?

And...can they replace a Bravo without moving the engine?

I'm loving mine best $$ spent on an upgrade to date. Nicely engineered, simple to maintain, shift like butter & increased performance. Very clean installation & rigging. Ilmor thought this package thru before releasing it as they do everything.

As far as the direct replacement for a bravo question I'd say it;s going to be situational b/c from an alignment standpoint it's no problem but if you are cramped for space in the bilge you may not have room for the trannies.

Jupiter Sunsation 12-12-2010 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by omerta one (Post 3272955)
And from a 43 to a 39 no less...makes perfect sense; he wants more performance without sacrificing ride quality.

Curious, EXACTLY how many ex-Cig owners do you know that now have Nor-Tech V's? Can you actually name one?

hmmmm.....how about BobtheBuilder to start and Ozzie who just traded his 38 TG and built a 43V (Miami show boat last year). :D

Jupiter Sunsation 12-12-2010 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by omerta one (Post 3272963)
Do you still have the Nor-Tech? and wasn't the last one a diesel?

As for getting out of the single step...makes sense.

Last one Jeff had was a 700/#6 boat.......

Catmando 12-12-2010 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin (Post 3272982)
if that is what you want tracy, plenty of 39's for sale with brokers. See if they will do the swap as a pkg deal. buy a 1 year old 39, sell the power and do the switch. I'm sure Ilmore would do anything they could as it would give them the usable info for future swaps.

That's exactly what I said! Why can't people think for themselves around here grumble gripe b!tch moan.... :lolhit:

Jupiter Sunsation 12-12-2010 04:32 PM

Tommy

Can you name anyone that switched to a new Cig from NT or OL?
Bet that will be a tough one........:angry-smiley-038:

offshoredrillin 12-12-2010 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Catmando (Post 3272998)
That's exactly what I said! Why can't people think for themselves around here grumble gripe b!tch moan.... :lolhit:

lolsorry Cat, as usual i glanced over what you wrote, old habit you know? :D