new boat/engine drive combo??????

Notices

new boat/engine drive combo??????

Old 12-13-2010, 11:16 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by boatfreak
In post 7 he simply comments that Cig will not do Ilmors so if he wants them he might have to look elsewhere.
Post eight confirms they wont.
Post nine he admits to being an old bastard.
He is an old bastard...and I didn't chime in until the ridculous post 15.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:17 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Lot's of heat up in this thread. We could use it this time of year.
No doubt, other than all the nonsense in the beware thread it has been way to quiet around here.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Omerta,
Jeff has avoided your question but I will tell you why he sold his 43 NT.
Both he and his wife had to deal with some serious health issues. Yes cancer, first Sandy then Jeff. Couple that with the slowdown in the construction industry and the boat had to go.
Fortunately they both pulled through and their prospects have improved.
As soon as things turn around again they will be looking for a boat.
Feel better now?
Old 12-13-2010, 11:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by omerta one
No doubt, other than all the nonsense in the beware thread it has been way to quiet around here.
Not all of it is nonsense, but you would know better.. If you have a problem with JS in conversations in this thread, keep it between you two, I stick to facts.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
You could flatline Tommy by correcting him and saying Tracy is actually thinking AT w/Ilmors.

For the record, I like AT's and their unlimited options for change. Pat seems like he would go the extra mile to make sure you got the boat you wanted. BTW two Ciggy owners bought AT's last year (Customryder and that guy in Texas that built the blue 600 boat) but Cig doesn't have any client retention issues.......

Clark's refresh was a nice factory touch as well, can't see that being done in Opalocka!
Wouldn't flatline me at all; with all the trouble he's had getting a demo ride I wouldn't be surprised if he never spoke to anyone at Cig again. Not to mention that AT builds a great boat...thoughI do prefer the staggered setup in a V. I'm anxious to see a 43. When will one be done????
Old 12-13-2010, 11:25 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by BBB725
Now your talking
The 39CC ran really nice in the Shootout this year.

That 44 Alec has is the bomb though...wow what a ride.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I’ve been in the market for a new boat for the last several years. I looked at every builder mentioned on this thread and settled for the Cigarette 39 TG.

This decision came after factory visits to the majority of builders in consideration. In the end, it came down to OL and Cigarette. Never made it to Rhode Island (heard nothing but good things) but our experience at Cigarette was nothing short of outstanding.

Test ride was not a problem and boat performed as advertised. They worked around my schedule and spent the entire day with us.

I will also say, for those who suggest innovation has been diluted at Cigarette Racing, go to Opa-locka and take a tour. I have been a performance boater for the last 30 years and a partner in the new and used boat business for the last eight years. During this time I’ve had the opportunity to visit many boat manufacturer’s, large and small. By a wide margin, Cigarette’s new facility has been the most impressive. Additionally, as I have found in my short life, you learn a lot when you meet and talk to the people that do the work. The pride, passion and level of detail I witnessed made a difficult decision very easy.

Just my two cents
Old 12-13-2010, 11:47 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by salesmanship
Omerta,
Both he and his wife had to deal with some serious health issues. Yes cancer, first Sandy then Jeff. Couple that with the slowdown in the construction industry and the boat had to go.
Feel better now?
Much...I only asked because the same question was posed to me as to why I decided to sell a boat I liked so much. As I said needs change. I did not intend to bring personal issues into it and would not wish ill will on anyone. The downturn has affected many of us.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:57 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Jassman
Not all of it is nonsense, but you would know better.. If you have a problem with JS in conversations in this thread, keep it between you two, I stick to facts.
Is that not a bit hypocritical...I mean you are the one who jumped in the middle of this. I'm sorry but I get a bit tired of JS always bashing Cig, just as you've gotten defensive when NT is criticized, we all have our preferences and there is nothing wrong with that as I see it. As far as I know I have not been lying, if you'd like to point out where I'd be happy to address it.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by salesmanship
Omerta,
Feel better now?
Thanks, Terry. Been biting my tongue all morning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.