Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Reggie Resigns (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/243855-reggie-resigns.html)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 12-10-2010 06:03 PM

I am not certain, but that would be my guess with all of the other companies they have been acquiring lately ....

thirdchildhood 12-10-2010 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Back4More (Post 3271672)
The Fountain company will not work without Reggie.

Well, Cigarette, Formula & Donzi have managed without Don Aronow.

Jupiter Sunsation 12-10-2010 06:14 PM

Reggie should hook up with Neil Hernandez.......Reggie can make the boat fast, Neil can bling it out and rig it right! :D

AB From Windsor 12-10-2010 06:21 PM

Reggie fountain!

A lot can and is said about him. Love him or hate him he has been a huge influence to the sport of Offshore Powerboat Racing and Performance boating. I just loved to read about him or see him on TV or racing. There are not many who can match what he has accomplished over the decades. I wish Reggie Fountain nothing but the best and want to thank you for everything you have done for the performance boating industry and racing. Reggie you really deserves to take it easy now and enjoy life or whatever you may want to do but I don't think we have heard the last from Reggie Fountain. Racer, Boat Builder and Salesman, extraordinaire.

Kelly O 12-10-2010 06:23 PM

As Reggie goes, so does Fountain.

More than just his name was attached to that company. It was a passion and desire few could possess as it applies to performance boating. Business philosophy could not dampen his competitive spirit, so Reggie risked it all to continue racing and winning.
Poor business move for sure, especially with the market's downturn; but it ultimately proved the factory was a means to support the desire to race and compete.

His resignation signifies that he has yet to be defeated.

It is a move showing he is once again ready to compete.

Catmando 12-10-2010 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 3271697)
Reggie should hook up with Neil Hernandez.......Reggie can make the boat fast, Neil can bling it out and rig it right! :D

This. Would be a great pairing as long as they got along together...

mattyboy 12-10-2010 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood (Post 3271693)
Well, Cigarette, Formula & Donzi have managed without Don Aronow.

That's some what true . all of Don's startup that weren't named after him continued, the ones directly connected to his name didn't.

for the sake of all the employees I hope the new company is successful.

also remember the companies Don Left really took on their own identities formula, donzi,magnum were not the same companies after Don left. Cigarette really stayed the same.

I guess my point is in 67 if you wanted the biggest, fastest, out there you went to where Don was not formula or donzi at the time but to magnum where he was.

I feel fountain without reggie isn't fountain. plus also remember Don took his people with him when he went .

If I were liberty I would be worried who else is going to resign

Good luck Reggie wish you well :)

Expensive Date 12-10-2010 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Kelly O (Post 3271700)
As Reggie goes, so does Fountain.

More than just his name was attached to that company. It was a passion and desire few could possess as it applies to performance boating. Business philosophy could not dampen his competitive spirit, so Reggie risked it all to continue racing and winning.
Poor business move for sure, especially with the market's downturn; but it ultimately proved the factory was a means to support the desire to race and compete.

His resignation signifies that he has yet to be defeated.

It is a move showing he is once again ready to compete.

Very well put,This ain't over....trust me.

AO31 12-10-2010 06:59 PM

This is not an obituary, more like a second Birth Certificate!

smokin' joe 12-10-2010 07:07 PM

:sport009: Glad I have my personally signed copy of Fountain's 25th anniversary pictorial history. I wonder if Reggie minds that boats which bear his name will be built without his involvement. Anyway, he is an entertaining personality that just like Elvis, has left the building...