Notices

Reggie Resigns

Old 12-11-2010, 07:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Following Reggie is amazing, never boring. All of this talk about him starting off on another company, new boats, limited/custom/possibly cheaper?

It made me think of another out, rather evolutionary, different, new.

Statement! Are they chopped liver, and everyone is waiting for a Reggie Boat?

The discussions the last two years were mostly about so many brands, too much saturation in a shrinking market. One problem going forward is not enough product at the lower/starting end.

There will always be a demand from Baja-Checkmate-Cigg and all the custom boats in between. I believe if you want longevity, you'll need starter boats.

For Reggie, he could do a few custom boats per year.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best of luck Reggie, I bought two new boats from you. I order a new 97 454 29 that was probable the most fun boat I ever owned once I learnd how to run it,HaHa. In 2000 I bought a new 35 with 500's that I really enjoyed. Thanks for all you have done for our sport and I can't wait to see what is next.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ILMORdude
i'd be really surprised if he didnt get involved with Frisini ASAP
Interesting point....but I cant see Reggie doing anything as a partner......his way or no way.

Cant see people lining up to be his partner either. Most here know what he is all about. Not a negative comment, just a fact.

I wish him the very best.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by VtSteve
Following Reggie is amazing, never boring. All of this talk about him starting off on another company, new boats, limited/custom/possibly cheaper?

It made me think of another out, rather evolutionary, different, new.

Statement! Are they chopped liver, and everyone is waiting for a Reggie Boat?

The discussions the last two years were mostly about so many brands, too much saturation in a shrinking market. One problem going forward is not enough product at the lower/starting end.

There will always be a demand from Baja-Checkmate-Cigg and all the custom boats in between. I believe if you want longevity, you'll need starter boats.

For Reggie, he could do a few custom boats per year.

Demand isn't 5% of what it was 5 years ago for new performance boats. Reggie is a legend and has a barn full of trophies. He is easy to pick fun at until he looks you square in the eye and asks "how many trophies do you have?"

At his age, he should just retire, enjoy life and look back on a successful career! The guy is 69 years old and really has nothing to prove to anyone.

Last edited by Jupiter Sunsation; 12-11-2010 at 09:22 AM.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 1,324 Likes on 739 Posts

This is similar to the car racing worlds Simson racing when Bill left and started impact racing.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by catastrophe
OHIO

The hub of boatbuilding entrepreneurs.
and knife/gun experts, master riggers/engine builders, trucking empires, paratroopers, dirt bike daredevils and legal eagles!
Old 12-11-2010, 08:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ILMORdude
i'd be really surprised if he didnt get involved with Frisini ASAP
Frisini couldn't keep Jay Pilini involved so they certainly couldn't entertain Reggie for a cup of coffee nevermind employment.

Frisini is assembling a lot of fractured boat manufacturers (at discount prices) but really hasn't come up with a plan to SELL boats. Like in real estate, you can fix up a house but you can't fix up a neighborhood!
Old 12-11-2010, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation

At his age, he should just retire, enjoy life and look back on a successful career!
I didn't want to say it but I agree. Assuming that he is now a wealthy man. I'd be looking at land in Hawaii and spending my time island hopping in a big as s Foutain Powerboat.....
Old 12-11-2010, 09:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe
Interesting point....but I cant see Reggie doing anything as a partner......his way or no way.

Cant see people lining up to be his partner either. Most here know what he is all about. Not a negative comment, just a fact.

I wish him the very best.
Very accurate assessment......I think most people would have thought he had a pretty good gig with the Liberty Deal but it's just not Reggie's style.....as far as retiring, I don't think that concept exists in his DNA
Old 12-11-2010, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think a big sign to Reggie's future will be if his son resigns from Fountian in the next couple of months. If he does, I would speculate that Reggie has something up his black nylon sleeve.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.