Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Quote/post of the year contest! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/243908-quote-post-year-contest.html)

offshoredrillin 12-11-2010 03:23 PM

Quote/post of the year contest!

Well the time has come for the best of's of 2010, so think back to the quote or post of the year that made you belly laugh or spit your drink on your monitor;

You have until the day after Christmas to post them on this thread; quote the original poster and thread and include the quote/post in yours. The day after Christmas this thread will be locked and another thread with a poll will be posted for voting.

The member that posts the most popular quote will receive a 1 year membership, second place will get an OSO T-shirt.

Feel free to enter as many times as you like, as this is based upon making people laugh and smile...

My first submission is this from Phragle

Originally Posted by phragle (Post 3272191)
As for the anti-corporate....

Mr. IB is not a performance boater.

On the positive side, Mr. IB has not claimed to own 37 Apaches, two turtle doves and a Fountain in a pear tree.

On the negative side, Mr. IB probably doesn't know that a 42' fountain is only 28' minus the beak and swim platform.

Yet Mr. IB asks us to pay money for the privilege of talking about boats and douche-bags.

There are many places we can talk about boats and douche-bags for free on the internet.

Since Mr. IB doesn't boat, and if one assumes he is not into douche-bags, he is getting us to pay for what we can get free, and not providing anything substantially different than what is available for free.

Therefore, Mr. IB is exploiting internet boaters for his own monetary gain.

And finally, one cannot argue that there is not significant monetary gain to be had, when one argues that somebody else is secretly running another site (which in size and traffic is a mere fraction) for monitary gain

in the Just curious thread...

(please try to make all submissions in the above form to make it easier)

happy posting and thanks to everyone for supplying the yuk yuks for another year...Hope everyone has a great and safe holiday and a Merry Christmas!

TeamSaris 12-11-2010 03:27 PM

All posts from mini hawk....oh wait...wrong form...may bad...

endeavor1 12-11-2010 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by fast fun 2 (Post 3272321)

LMFAO, but agreed :lolhit:

Cash Bar 12-11-2010 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing (Post 3264672)
Funniest story I remember.

Key West, must have been 2004. He was running a big Cat.
I watched him go out of the harbor Race 1, and never came back. Saw him a few days later, and asked him what happened.

"IT was an electrical problem, Piston came out and knocked the plug wire off." Laughed my a@@ off.

Wazzup discussing Mark Lefleur in the "anyone remember LobsterBoy" thread

Cash Bar 12-11-2010 05:40 PM

And of course I am a fan of my own work:

From the "Fountain- Is this how it went down mini movie"

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/8029869/

and

From the "Day in the life of an OSO Moderator"

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7997777/

MiniHawk 12-12-2010 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by fast fun 2 (Post 3272321)

Bro- you gotta pick my funniest one, although I don't consider every single one funny.

johnny g 12-12-2010 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2x
Let me put this out to you......since I don't know you either.

Unless you know whose posts you are reading, you might not want to assume that they don't know more than you do.

T2x

listen up sparky!!! i wasn't referring to you.... if anything i would have agreed with you. it just seems these threads get so.... "my dad can beat your dad up" crap that its even worth reading. i was wanting to hear some story's from drivers that have driven the boats to compare them to.

stop being so insecure... im sure you have driven some big boats buddy... but if i wanted to insult you i would have singled you out out done it. i dont beat around the bush

not from this year, but I just read it. Viperfitness setting T2x straight :eek::angry-smiley-038::lolhit:

offshoredrillin 12-12-2010 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by MiniHawk (Post 3272649)
Bro- you gotta pick my funniest one, although I don't consider every single one funny.

not quite sure "funny" is the adjective most would use Sam...

MiniHawk 12-12-2010 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin (Post 3272718)

Come to think of it- all my threads lately have been legit serious, but I do make some laughable comments once in awhile...I'll look for them.

DollaBill 12-12-2010 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin (Post 3272718)

Yup. Lots of ways to describe him/them, but most arent humorous.

This is always tough. So much great stuff