Notices

Boats vs. Planes

Old 12-13-2010, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats on the new plane and your pilot license. I've been flying twenty five years, lots of fun. Sold my last plane two years ago, a Comanche 250. Started with Cessnas, Beach Bonnaza. Great way to go on vacation. Have fun be safe.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:55 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BraceYourself
I never thought I'd enjoy a past time as much as I do boating. However, started flying less then a year ago and I'd have to say I'm pretty much addicted. Got my private, then complex gear rating, and now finishing up my IFR rating. Went to texas yesterday and bougtht a plane. It cruises at 270mph and can fly at 25,000 feet.

If anyone has thought about getting there pilots license I'm here to say, do it. I'll still boat but my no. one hobby has now become aviation.
Congrats!!! Stop by 1K1 next summer!! I'm building a 4 bedroom 4 bath hanger that will hold 4 planes. Great bar on the airport we could party at. We should put a fly in poker run together. I will host the Wichita stop! We could take a week and hit four or five stops. Another one could be Grand lake 3O9er and we could go boating there!! I'll host that stop as well. Then we could go to LOTO and on and on!! Better make Florida a stop as well!! Anyway kind of a cool idea if we could put something together.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1
Congrats!!! Stop by 1K1 next summer!! I'm building a 4 bedroom 4 bath hanger that will hold 4 planes. Great bar on the airport we could party at. We should put a fly in poker run together. I will host the Wichita stop! We could take a week and hit four or five stops. Another one could be Grand lake 3O9er and we could go boating there!! I'll host that stop as well. Then we could go to LOTO and on and on!! Better make Florida a stop as well!! Anyway kind of a cool idea if we could put something together.
That's an awesome idea! I'd be up for something like that... even if I have to rent a bird!
Old 12-13-2010, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I give you credit. You go fast in everything. Congrats
Old 12-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

funny this came up. have always wanted to fly. always been fascinated with aviation. back in the day I remember my x kidding around "no, you can't have a plane!"
ran into an instructor through work just a week ago who gives lessons here locally.
we are looking at late march/early april.
does $165/hr sound right?

I may never own a plane, but I'm going to learn to fly one!
Old 12-13-2010, 05:14 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck and be safe. I have many friends w/ small planes and no way will I fly with them. I'll take 1st class commercial or my dually w/ the boat behind it.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:20 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rippem
funny this came up. have always wanted to fly. always been fascinated with aviation. back in the day I remember my x kidding around "no, you can't have a plane!"
ran into an instructor through work just a week ago who gives lessons here locally.

Is that for the plane and instructor? long story short its around 5000.00 to 10000.00 to get your pilots license
Old 12-13-2010, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I am sure planes are wonderful.

I skipped from page 1 to here only to say you can't go slow in an aircraft[someone may have said it] but you can in a boat which is social thing more than anything else.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:55 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rippem

u must be renting a plane also for that coin , around here instructors are $50.00 hr ..
Old 12-13-2010, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1
Is that for the plane and instructor? long story short its around 5000.00 to 10000.00 to get your pilots license
yes.
we didn't get too deep into it as we are 3-4 mos away and it was 4am at the hospital both working.
Cessna. I thought she said it was a 4 seater when I asked? Should have asked her more about the plane.
We had some off-handed conversation about maintenence requirements/schedules ect. She seemed very knowledgable and at-ease with the few things we did talk about.
Kind of shocked me as she is YOUNG like 25 young.
Says her father has been flying for 30 years so I take it she had an early introduction?

the rate sounded pretty reasonable to this novice as one thing I have understood is that they are as expensive to keep on the ground as they are to fly?
Plus all the requirements/maintenence and fuel?

Last edited by Rippem; 12-13-2010 at 06:05 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.