Notices

Fountain Moving Forward

Old 12-13-2010, 06:22 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mastercraft240
Im not expert but I can't imagine a merger. Outerlimits is already doing EXTREMELY well. I just don't see enough profit to make it worth Reggies and Fiore's time. Then again, im not in the biz of boat building/sales. Im sure Dolla, catastrophe or Catmando will chime in
No comment on that. But, I did post this reply to Matt's article

"Actually, Reggie was almost the one laying the boats p and installing the engines. If he wasnt meeting with dealers, customers or racing he was normally found on the production floor. I can't count the number of times I found him on his back sanding a bottom getting blueprinted or back in the service building.

Could some things have been done differently? Sure. But then again most times thats always the case. The reality is he was the "heart" of the body that "was" FPB. Now it's another brand out there. That simple.

And regarding this specific situation of him even having the ability to leave the company... management better be shaking in their boots. Not because he's going to build boats to compete on the production level, but because now it's because the "brand" is another me too.

But, hey good luck in the new year guys."
Old 12-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

The most interesting part of the article to me was the reference to 'message boards'.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:46 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
The most interesting part of the article to me was the reference to 'message boards'.
Agreed. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in his office these days LOL. I wonder if Reggie took his chair with him
Old 12-13-2010, 07:47 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,695 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Mike has the "bling" effect Fountain never did and Fountain has the V-bottom speed Mike has always tried to get.....could be an interesting combo.

A 42 PR w/a GTX windshield/mini cabin and killer paint and 150 MPH on Merc 1200's...........weapon by any brand!

Good Luck to All!
You guys are killing me. You do make it fun.

Just to be crystal clear, Mr. Fountain did not give any indication that he planned to go to work at Outerlimits. Remember his words, which I mentioned in an earlier post:

"I have never had a boss in my life."

Mr. Fountain mentioned Fiore's phone call and offer because he was touched and "overwhelmed" by it, as well as the various other offers and shows of support he's already received.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DollaBill
Agreed. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in his office these days LOL. I wonder if Reggie took his chair with him
I bet it took a tractor trailer to load up all the trophies!
Old 12-13-2010, 08:48 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
I bet it took a tractor trailer to load up all the trophies!
Beat me to it.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A question for all you guys that know Reggie. Would he build a cat? It seems to me like he was always trying to defend the V-hull. Now that he's free of all ties would he build a cat or is his expertise the V-hull and that out of the question?
Old 12-13-2010, 09:40 PM
Registered

The "message boards" reference may have been in response to an email I sent to fountain regarding the status of Reggie's employment. I have several friends, 4 to be exact, that own fountains. I have been in the market for some time, if I didn't have two boats on Lake Geneva, Wi. I would have purchased a new 47 foot fountain already. I have had my eyen on the new(2009) white 47 foot Fountain, listed in OSO classifieds for a year now and right when they are giving it away at $259,000 Reggie gets pushed out. Let's make no mistake about it, Reggie makes a great product for the money, his hull design is the back-bone of his Lightning series. Its just hard to by into fountain after hearing Reggie is out, when you know he might possible make a move to create a new boat.

If anyone wants to read what Mr. Walker wrote to me I can email it to you.

Chuck B.

Last edited by Snoworks; 12-13-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Reggie has a good following and like Mr Aronow who could sell a company and walk across the street start another and have 6 months work on the books in a week. I see the same happening here.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bsebesy
A question for all you guys that know Reggie. Would he build a cat? It seems to me like he was always trying to defend the V-hull. Now that he's free of all ties would he build a cat or is his expertise the V-hull and that out of the question?
If he does choose to make a cat hull, I will have no choice but to purchase a V-bottomed Fountain. I have 7 kids that will be on the boat from time to time.

Chuck B.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.