Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   World's fastest pleasure boat??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/243998-worlds-fastest-pleasure-boat.html)

soggy bottom 12-15-2010 02:29 PM

transom

I am sure the transom will have to be redone, can you imagine the butcher job that it must have be done knowing it's fate and where it was going to end up.

LAriverratt 12-15-2010 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA (Post 3275310)
Whats that thing actually worth considering NO trailer and basically no power or drives?

asked that earlier..was told 75k was a good deal but I don't know...after re-rigging with proper power and really it needs #6 drives...its gonna get pricey

Brad Zastrow 12-15-2010 02:52 PM

I am guessing the phone was ringing off the hook at $75k. They figured out quickly it was too cheap. Keep in mind that is the minimum bid on a auction format. Has anyone had luck buying from them at the minimum bid? I have heard stories.

LAriverratt 12-15-2010 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow (Post 3275346)
I am guessing the phone was ringing off the hook at $75k. They figured out quickly it was too cheap. Keep in mind that is the minimum bid on a auction format. Has anyone had luck buying from them at the minimum bid? I have heard stories.

someone needs to walk in with the cash and they might walk out with it...i have done that twice on online actions if the owner of the title has it set up that way.

SS930 12-15-2010 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by SS930 (Post 3275134)
So is 'thumbs up dude' the one that did the fancy new conversion before getting it repoed?

Originally Posted by Perlmudder (Post 3275305)
To me, it would seem a thread like this showing what the boat previously looked like, and what you did to it before having it repo'd would be more embarassing then just having it repo'd...

That's why I asked before. I'd love to help everyone put a face and name to the brain surgen/POS... ;)

ShadBurke 12-15-2010 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Keytime (Post 3275256)
How common is gutting/altering a boat before getting it repo'd? I've talked with people before who made it sound like it was justified. Seems pretty chitty to me, like most are just trying to recoup what they can from their own mistake(s).

Pretty common. I have bought several repos over the last few years and depending on which state the boat was purchased and who was financing the transaction, in many instances only UCCs (security interests) were filed against the hull (not motor or trailer). Obviously banks have learned some hard lessons and in today's market, they are UCC everything and anything in a boat finance, law permitting.

My last repo I picked up thru the Tuson auction, the previous owner gutted the boat (motor, drive, hatch, stereo, etc.) and my one phone call and some money got me everything back the owner had taken off. The bank, Bank of the West, knew the owner had removed these items and "had" possession but was unable to do anything about it/choose to do nothing about it.

What would it cost to rig this thing with #6/1200hps properly $200k??

thisistank 12-15-2010 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by ShadBurke (Post 3275629)
Pretty common. I have bought several repos over the last few years and depending on which state the boat was purchased and who was financing the transaction, in many instances only UCCs (security interests) were filed against the hull (not motor or trailer). Obviously banks have learned some hard lessons and in today's market, they are UCC everything and anything in a boat finance, law permitting.

My last repo I picked up thru the Tuson auction, the previous owner gutted the boat (motor, drive, hatch, stereo, etc.) and my one phone call and some money got me everything back the owner had taken off. The bank, Bank of the West, knew the owner had removed these items and "had" possession but was unable to do anything about it/choose to do nothing about it.

Was that the 30 Cig Vice?

seafordguy 12-15-2010 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by ShadBurke (Post 3275629)

What a deal....... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

For 200k you could give the owner of Rare Breed full price and stock it with 1k worth of moderately priced liquor.

I don't see how this boat is worth much at all considering what this boat needs (trailer, mils, drives) and what else is out there for sale. Maybe if you had the drivetrain sitting around, but otherwise....

Jpzaluski 12-15-2010 08:54 PM

All I can help but imagine is that this guy's buddy with a '89 Baja convinced him if the boat was getting repo'd he should let him swap the drives and motors for a case of beer and a pack of bubble gum LMAO.... Nevermind the MTI, I'm trying to see the '89 Baja that's got the 900s and 6's now LOL

jeff1000man 12-15-2010 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 3275653)
Was that the 30 Cig Vice?

That the one I was thinking of. You mean the mistique??