Notices

Hydraulic Steering Add-on

Old 12-13-2010, 07:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hydraulic Steering Add-on

Looking install a add-on kit to my boat over the winter. Single drive dual ram. What system is good to add so I can upgrade to full hydraulic next winter. Best bang for the buck...
Old 12-13-2010, 08:22 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by scottw
Looking install a add-on kit to my boat over the winter. Single drive dual ram. What system is good to add so I can upgrade to full hydraulic next winter. Best bang for the buck...
Imco
Old 12-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Only the Best Will Do!

Well of course were partial but we do sell all of the brands Mayfair, Zeiger, Imco, etc. I do think if value, quality, and ease of installation are your desire then you just can't beat the Mayfair system. Whether it's the polished stainless steel modular wingplate that not only attaches through the back cap and to the outdrive mounting studs(Not just an aluminum end cap that requires drilling into your outdrive like other brands. Also voids all Mercury warranty when you do that). To highly polished large diameter stainless rams, one piece SS Thru hulls and true 316 braided stainless steel hydraulic lines. But take a look and compare for yourself we would be glad to assist you. NOTE* The Mayfair and Zeiger kits are sold complete while the Imco kits still require an additional hook up kit #421-HK11 for $140.00

http://www.keitheickert.com/p-11553-...ering-kit.aspx

http://www.keitheickert.com/c-868-imco-marine.aspx

http://www.keitheickert.com/p-12360-...ng-system.aspx

Happy Holidays
Old 12-14-2010, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

how fast is your boat? for single engine with reasonable speeds I'd suggest doing single ram full hydro now instead of the upgrade to full later. The price of doing the half system then upgrading is a killer Vs. buying it all up front. If it is installed right, the singe ram is more than enough for most performance boaters. If it is a cat hull that is running triple digits two rams is better, but other regular performance boats two rams are unnecessary.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I went with Zeiger dual ram since they make a kit ready to install on my boat and they supply the OEM kits to Donzi. Customer service is top notch. Make sure you get a helm that won't give you too many turns of the wheel.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

if I remember correctly, the larger the cc capacity of the helm, the faster it is and fewer turns lock-to-lock
have an understanding (even if I'm remembering this concept backwards) of this and have it be a part of your purchasing decision
that Switzer is a pad bottom isn't it?
you want a fast helm, so lesser wheel-wiggle will keep it on the pad at speed
Old 12-14-2010, 07:19 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I take it you don't like the Imco systems KEPP, then why do you sell it?

Scott, I installed the twin ram add-on system to my boat then two years later went to full hydraulic. The price difference by going 1/2 then 1/2 was minimal. Just my two cents. Call me if you want to get some prices together. (I know people)
Old 12-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by R Addiction
I take it you don't like the Imco systems KEPP, then why do you sell it?

Scott, I installed the twin ram add-on system to my boat then two years later went to full hydraulic. The price difference by going 1/2 then 1/2 was minimal. Just my two cents. Call me if you want to get some prices together. (I know people)
That sounds good John.. I'll be in touch.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Registered

I can't speak for other systems, but put the Mayfair on my Baja before I sold it. It was very simple with the Instructions. But more importantly, the Modular Wing Plate looks BadA$$ on the drive.