Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anyone looking for a 38'? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/244101-anyone-looking-38-a.html)

wjb21ndtown 12-15-2010 03:31 PM

Anyone looking for a 38'?

I came across this on Ebay, and thought I'd post it on here. Seems like a great deal (no connection to me):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...13#description

the bear 12-15-2010 03:40 PM

I like the pick with the guy in the Mr T starter kit......

Keytime 12-15-2010 03:52 PM

Does anyone else cringe when they see shoes on a seat? Ugh.

wjb21ndtown 12-15-2010 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Keytime (Post 3275399)

I cringe more when I see teal...

:coolcowboy:

The Mr. T dood is awesome!!!

huskyrider 12-17-2010 09:48 AM

Did one of you guys here purchase this unit???

I called this fella right after reading this thread and questioned him about the boat.
When I told him I'd pay his asking price sight unseen he told me a guy had scheduled one call before mine to come over midday yesterday morning with his mechanic. He made it, the mechanic was a no show and the guy bought it without starting it.
It was kind of funny because he told me that that right after our calls a flurry of calls and a dozen yesterday came too.
The buyer got a very sweet deal, the 2005 diesel tow rig and the boat for 35k cash.
This has become the story of my life, a champagne taste with a beer budget, walking up to the bartender who said we sold our last happy hour beer priced champagne to the guy who was in line right in front of you, LOL!!!

See ya,
Kelly

wjb21ndtown 12-17-2010 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by huskyrider (Post 3276861)
Did one of you guys here purchase this unit???

I called this fella right after reading this thread and questioned him about the boat.
When I told him I'd pay his asking price sight unseen he told me a guy had scheduled one call before mine to come over midday yesterday morning with his mechanic. He made it, the mechanic was a no show and the guy bought it without starting it.
It was kind of funny because he told me that that right after our calls a flurry of calls and a dozen yesterday came too.
The buyer got a very sweet deal, the 2005 diesel tow rig and the boat for 35k cash.
This has become the story of my life, a champagne taste with a beer budget, walking up to the bartender who said we sold our last happy hour beer priced champagne to the guy who was in line right in front of you, LOL!!!

See ya,
Kelly

I thought it would go quick if I posted it on here. I'm curious to see if someone from this site bought it or not. That's a helluva deal for $35K.

boatntrkr 12-17-2010 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Keytime (Post 3275399)

I thought the same thing!!:angry-smiley-038:

Dave M 12-17-2010 11:14 AM

Looks like a sweet deal....Gotta wonder if there isn't more to this story.

huskyrider 12-17-2010 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Dave M (Post 3276952)
Looks like a sweet deal....Gotta wonder if there isn't more to this story.

It was the same story as many other sellers of boats in this category have experienced, he took a beating.
He was very nice when I questioned him all about the unit.
He had, and read to me, literally every invoice associated from LOTO's 1st owner, the survey and the new motors invoice from 2004 for the next owner. It didn't have many hours on it since.
I offered the asking price in full and told him that I could wire 10% within a 1/2 hour and bring a cert. check or cash on Saturday.
He was a gentleman seller when he told me that he made an agreement with the guy who called right before me and was coming yesterday with his mechanic and would stick to his word, if the guy passes its yours.

What's funny is that he'd been trying for a couple of months listing the boat on used boat sights without even getting a nibble before moving to ebay.
This was his 3rd attempt there, once listing high 30's and next listing at 30, it bid up to 22 both times and didn't meet reserve. In an effort to move it quickly he listed it buy-it-now for the high bids he'd seen.
When we spoke last night he was overwhelmed with the many responses he saw from just moments after the posting here, had never heard of the website, and said there were several others who made the same sight unseen offer after me without even all the multiple questions like I had.

WJB21, thanks for your link and if you, or any members here, stumble across any 40'+- sport cruisers reasonably priced please email me [email protected] or post in the General Discussion forum.

See ya,
Kelly