Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone Else Find T2x Bitter,,,,, >

Anyone Else Find T2x Bitter,,,,,

Notices

Anyone Else Find T2x Bitter,,,,,

Old 12-15-2010, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

His posts tend to be brutally honest and I have to agree with him at least 95% of the time. I have always thought his posts were the most entertaining on OSO or S&F...

Last edited by apache727; 12-15-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Never found him bitter. Opinionated, knowledgeable, a talented writer, yes.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by apache727
His posts tend to be brutally honest and I have to agree with him at least 95% of the time.
he may be right and honest but if and i say IF, he is so honest, knowledgeable and truthful why browbeat....
Old 12-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DollaBill
Thats what I'm curious about. "Old Salt". Needs some explanation. And not on the subject of riding in a helicopter chasing race boats or the resto project on the 50 year old prototype thing
funny,,,,
Old 12-15-2010, 06:27 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by DollaBill
Seriously. Where in the marine industry has he been? And I'm not saying it insulting so don't go in that direction. I'd like to know. Building, selling, racing, etc etc
He built and raced Challengers and Shadows.

I agree, before I met Rich I didnt agree with him on every level...but...
I had the chance to spend some time with him and his wife this summer. Rich is one of the nicest guys youll meet. He is full of knowledge, can run a boat damn well, and was extremely nice and thankful to everyone he met.
And the wing is a work of art, that will out accelorate just about ANY boat on this board. Garunteed.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:36 PM
wot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

This thread should be moved to the stupid sh!t people should keep to themselves section of OSO.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wot
This thread should be moved to the stupid sh!t people should keep to themselves section of OSO.
why because someone else has an opinion? a valid one.
i may be alot of things , but stupid is not one. i will repeat, why bash if so secure in his attributes and accomplishments. especially on reggie.
he could be a little nicer. more uplifting. you know u catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
He built and raced Challengers and Shadows.

I agree, before I met Rich I didnt agree with him on every level...but...
I had the chance to spend some time with him and his wife this summer. Rich is one of the nicest guys youll meet. He is full of knowledge, can run a boat damn well, and was extremely nice and thankful to everyone he met.
And the wing is a work of art, that will out accelorate just about ANY boat on this board. Garunteed.
as in the lil 21's with o/b's?
and im not saying hes not a nice man nor an educated man.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:47 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

He's just jealous, that's all.
Everyone knows Reggie. Who is T2x?

I do enjoy reading his post when he uses big words.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,745 Likes on 1,233 Posts

I used the word "bitter" in describing my friend T2X in another thread. It probably was not the best word choice, though I have found him consistently negative/critical/strident on anything regarding Fountain. (And don't even get the man started on West Coast catamarans, or pretty much any contemporary catamaran other than a Skater ... sorry, Rich, I couldn't resist.)

Padraig is dead right on all counts. T2X is all that ... and more.

However, the amount of coverage this story has been given and the response to it (like T2X, everyone else on this board is entitled to an opinion) has been entirely appropriate given the man involved. Whatever the reason, Mr. Fountain has been one of the biggest names in the high-performance boat business for the past 20 years. His departure, regardless of anyone's opinion of him, is big news

Since the rumors of Fountain's departure began circulating two weeks ago, I have written four stories on the subject. They are:

• Commentary: Fountain Became the Game
• Industry Reaction to Reggie Fountain’s Departure
• Fountain Moving Forward
• Reggie Fountain: Still at Fountain

Nothing inaccurate was contained in those stories. And I think the commentary might have surprised a few folks. It was not all sunshine. Far from it.

If Peter Hledin left Skater or Fred Kiekhaefer left Mercury Racing, I would provide the same level of coverage.

I will continue to write about the goings-on at Fountain Powerboats. As for Mr. Fountain himself, I'll write about him in my blog again if or when he reenters the market. If he starts a boat company, I'll provide continued coverage of its development. If starts, let's say, a clothing company, I might—and I mean might—mention it. One is news worthy. The other rates a mention on a slow news day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.