Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My kids are 6 and 4. What is culbcmiid?
Old 12-16-2010, 07:37 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Oy.......... I just saw this for the first time and this is truly a "thread about nothing"...

1 Thank you to all the supporters, I appreciate the thoughtfulness and kind words.

2. To the rest of you, it's a free country and you are certainly entitled to your opinion. Today, if someone is not "politically correct", it is common to create negative characterizations and try to muffle the "offender". In this case I am proud to be that guy....and have no intention of changing my positions. I created the T2x character/screen name in 2001 because I read the OSO website as a visitor and realized that it was lacking something. The site seemed to deal only in current hulls and impressions that were as much a product of boat companies' publicity as they were factual. Very few knew the history of the vee hull, or the cat for that matter and I attempted to fill in some gaps. In doing that I also punctured some misconceptions and sacred cows and the fun began. One of my main pet peeves has always been self promotion for its own sake. I watched egos destroy offshore racing, and have listened to too many chest thumping performance boat owners brag on this or that mediocre hull and or engine with no true knowledge of its construction, safety, handling, or basic speed fundamentals. There will always be a loud minority who can't see past a paint job or the latest rumored "best thing"...and I have tried to provide a counter point. To me products should stand or fall on their own merits rather than as the result of a big marketing budget. Over the years any number of boat companies have been given positive coverage in direct proportion to the ad space they purchased, which in some cases covered over flaws in design and construction or outright nonsense in their claims of "innovation". A truly historical perspective debunks a lot of this and that is what I , along with a growing number of other older enthusiasts with knowledge at least as broad as mine, have tried to provide. Inevitably these efforts have put me in the crosshairs of loyalists to this or that boat company, racing organization, or personality (or all of the above). If I state that your boat isn't really perfect or even as wonderful as its maker claims it is, I have impugned a cash investment that you made....and I get that. If I tell you that racing was far better in the 80's than it is today and you race today, I get that you take this personally. Finally if I point out that some position that a poster takes on a point that he has no real knowledge about is a bit off key, I may make some enemies.

For the record I am not the creator of the best racing model in history, not the creator of revolutionary hulls, not the fastest racer who ever lived, and certainly not the greatest narrator in broadcasting history...........I simply nudged the bar in those arenas, hopefully raising it a bit as I passed through, and could probably do it again if I feel the urge. I have been at this since the late 50's, seen just about everything, and heard the rest. The greatest feats that I have witnessed have been on the race course, not in an ad agency's layout room. Real people have risked and, in some cases, lost their lives so that the marine industry could move forward. I knew and cared about some of those people deeply. Out of respect for them and what they accomplished I can't stand idly by and watch others lay claim to their improvements or, worse, ignore that they ever existed.

To sum it up...... hate me if you like....but don't ever question my honesty or intentions.

Now go find something else to focus on.

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 12-16-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, I just read this entire thread and if nothing else it brought out guys we haven't heard from in a while. All I want to say is Happy Holidays OSO'ers. P.S. everyone on here knows Cigs rule,HaHa
Old 12-16-2010, 07:43 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BROWNIE
It always amazed me that a guy with absolutely NO talent could rise to a position of being mocked and pilloried by his peers.
In this regard you and I are a lot alike........

Love ya too....

Rich

Last edited by T2x; 12-16-2010 at 07:46 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:44 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default My T2x Description !

"benovolent Cynic"
Old 12-16-2010, 07:47 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Oh Yeah

One more thing and then I'm outta here.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all...including the jerk who started this thread .
Old 12-16-2010, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LaughingCat
My kids are 6 and 4. What is culbcmiid?
as i am told, c u lata but call me if i dont,,
Old 12-16-2010, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by BROWNIE
It is weird how this thread has bounced from loving/hating T2x and "the Reg". I enjoy bashing Rich as much as the next guy, maybe more, but at the OFF meeting, the first guy I gave a big hug was Rich. It always amazed me that a guy with absolutely NO talent could rise to a position of being mocked and pilloried by his peers.

As far a Reg, I think I summed it up several years ago when I said "Reggies lone unachieved goal is to die in his own arms".......................
LOL!!! Brownie, ya kill me!

Kurt
Old 12-16-2010, 08:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bob
+1
ok. if you say so.
heres the point do you kick someone when there down?
t started a thread that to me seemed negative, as usual, toward mr. fountain.
take the names out ofit, you still have a bitter guy kikin another guy when he's down.
as for designing things and going out and doing it, i do what i do and have done for quite a while and in fact have come up with some pretty cool end results. ya dont see me HARPIN ON A GUY.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DollaBill
well then you're an azzhat too buddy LOL.
funny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.