Anyone Else Find T2x Bitter,,,,,

Notices

Anyone Else Find T2x Bitter,,,,,

Old 12-16-2010, 12:21 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by monstaaa

You don't have to read this thread either.

Delete the thread, please. That's exactly y I stated it. He has done exactly as I have posted.

So what I should know my place and keep my nobody, knownothing, silly mouth shut because I have an opinion that may go against the grain??? Ahhhhh. No.

This site is for all and none regardless of position age gender, intellect height or accomplishments should feel as if they can't have an opinion.

Just eat some cherries maybe you ll sweeten up.
Hahaha, so the guy that had to start a new thread to complain about another guy hurting his feelings becaue of disrespecting his hero, NOW suggests to others that they eat some cherries to sweeten up....
Old 12-16-2010, 12:57 PM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
Hahaha, so the guy that had to start a new thread to complain about another guy hurting his feelings becaue of disrespecting his hero, NOW suggests to others that they eat some cherries to sweeten up....
Boy you read alot more into his intial post then I did.....
Old 12-16-2010, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW, what a thread! Just wasted my lunch break reading this.
T2x is OK in my book. You just need the right sense of humor while reading his posts sometimes.

T2x built my Dad's 30' Shadow race boat. To our knowledge, this is the single winningest offshore race boat of ALL TIME. It ran as Black Duck, Boardwalk, E&B Marine and Pennzoil. Can't give all the credit to T2x as Tommy Akoury is one of the best crew chiefs/throttlmen of all time, but he couldn't have done it with a boat that was inferior to the rest of the class. The Shadow and later the 30' Chris Cat that T2x also built shaped the Production/Pro-stock class for many years. Next came the 35 Jesse James Conquest Cat...'nuff said right there. Some of you should do a little research before "calling him out."

Carry on!
Attached Thumbnails Anyone Else Find T2x Bitter,,,,,-blackduckphoto.jpg  
Old 12-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are very few people on this board for which I will open/read a thread based solely on that fact that that person responded to it, and Rich is one of them. If I see the T2x as the “Last Posted” I know to open that thread because it is relevant. Enough said.

Bitter…? I see his posts as well articulated, informative, sometimes sarcastic, but they always have an underlying truth to them, even if you don’t want to hear it/believe it. Having said that, I can see how it might rub some people the wrong way, but I have yet to come across a situation where he isn’t able to defend his post(s) with the facts to back his position.

Anyone wanting to learn more about his credentials should buy his DVD….might even learn a thing or two.

http://www.historicraceboats.com/dvds.htm#linder-luhrs

Last edited by Big Time; 12-16-2010 at 01:26 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er
T2x is OK in my book. You just need the right sense of humor while reading his posts sometimes.

T2x built my Dad's 30' Shadow race boat. To our knowledge, this is the single winningest offshore race boat of ALL TIME. It ran as Black Duck, Boardwalk, E&B Marine and Pennzoil. Can't give all the credit to T2x as Tommy Akoury is one of the best crew chiefs/throttlmen of all time, but he couldn't have done it with a boat that was inferior to the rest of the class. The Shadow and later the 30' Chris Cat that T2x also built shaped the Production/Pro-stock class for many years. Next came the 35 Jesse James Conquest Cat...'nuff said right there. Some of you should do a little research before "calling him out."

Carry on!
Originally Posted by Big Time
There are very few people on this board for which I will open/read a thread based solely on that fact that that person responded to it, and Rich is one of them. If I see the T2x as the “Last Posted” I know to open that thread because it is relevant. Enough said.

Bitter…? I see his posts as well articulated, informative, sometimes sarcastic, but they always have an underlying truth to them, even maybe if you don’t want to hear it. Having said that, I can see how it might rub some people the wrong way, but I have yet to come across a situation where he isn’t able to defend his post(s) with the facts to back his position.

Anyone wanting to learn more about his credentials should buy his DVD….might even learn a thing or two.

http://www.historicraceboats.com/dvds.htm#linder-luhrs

Hahaha....we posted at the same time!
Old 12-16-2010, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 1,786 Likes on 703 Posts
Default Blah,.......

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er
Carry on!
hah, hah, hah. Now that was funny. Oh yeah, and the research thing too
Old 12-16-2010, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great bitter threads.. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...m-history.html

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...t-history.html
Old 12-16-2010, 02:04 PM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
1981 Reggie Fountain aftermarkets Excaliburs, calls them Executioners and becomes the inventor of the Vee bottom....takes out pages of advertizing, and people actually believe him.

1988 Fountain Powerboats creates the world's first ugly hook nosed bow and calls it an original "design change"..... and people believe him.

1993 Reggie Fountain invents the "stepped Vee"...again.......claims it's much faster .... and people believe him.

19931/2 Every other Vee bottom manufacturer invents the stepped Vee bottom ...again...
all of them are no faster than older models, but turn worse.
[
Bitter? Nahhhh.... I especially like the last one "no faster"....
Old 12-16-2010, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 1,786 Likes on 703 Posts
Default Forgot about those!

Originally Posted by apache727
Great bitter threads..
Freagin hilarious! Hell, I'm callin it a day and crackin a beer so I got something to spit out my nose!! I fogot about this thread and now remember why all Fountain owners hate T-2

Bellow are my fav's.

1981 Reggie Fountain aftermarkets Excaliburs, calls them Executioners and becomes the inventor of the Vee bottom....takes out pages of advertizing, and people actually believe him.

1987. Hustler buys old Signature molds and creates new old Signatures.

1988 Fountain Powerboats creates the world's first ugly hook nosed bow and calls it an original "design change"..... and people believe him.

1993 Reggie Fountain invents the "stepped Vee"...again.......claims it's much faster .... and people believe him.

19931/2 Every other Vee bottom manufacturer invents the stepped Vee bottom ...again...
all of them are no faster than older models, but turn worse.

1998 Manufacturers rise to the challenge and reduce weights in "competition" models to the point where they are useless in both rough and calm water.

1998 Pleasure boaters adopt all of this crap and put it to use in Poker Runs.....
Old 12-16-2010, 02:06 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
OK...Ive certainly noticed Rich's contempt for Reggie over the years here on OSO, no question but I wonder......I remember Rich saying he drove for the Canadian Merc Tunnelboat Team and Reggie drove for the US Team but did Reggie take the seat on the more prestigious US team that maybe Rich wanted thus preventing Rich from being a world famous tunnelboat zillionaire and thus the long standing contempt??????.....or is the timeline screwed up

Just Askin'
No issue...Reggie was a much better tunnel boat driver than me. He was also the perfect size for the ultralight hulls and had the perfect ruthless temperment (all good things for a boat racer). On the other hand I did beat him in what I believe was his first Offshore race in Greenwich, CT.

If you are trying to figure out what my "issue" is with Reggie, while we may have had a few differences over the years and certainly aren't each others' favorite people, there really is none........

I have questioned the wisdom of glorifying dozens of the sport's personalities and products over the years, but it is a fact that only Fountain and his products are somehow deemed to be untouchable by his faithful followers.

To each his own and that's why they make Vanilla and Chocolate Ice Cream....something for everybody.

Me? I'll take Mint Chocolate Chip...thank you.

Last edited by T2x; 12-16-2010 at 02:27 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.