Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT:I should have stayed in bed today !!! >

OT:I should have stayed in bed today !!!

Notices

OT:I should have stayed in bed today !!!

Old 05-14-2002, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT:I should have stayed in bed today !!!

Well,
I was told today that as of July 1st I will be layed off. I guess the only good thing is I'm last on the list so if someone quits I could be saved ! Big deal !
I've been looking for a job for the past month and there is absolutely no work at the moment.
There was a article in the Sunday Freepress about a person (in my field ) that has been layed off and is now valeting cars. Not to promising !
Oh well , just venting
I'm thinking if anyone needs any boats transported around I've got a new 2500/Cummins Ram and I'd be willing to tow some boats around.
Old 05-14-2002, 07:13 PM
Registered

That ceratinly does make for a bad day..... hope everyhting works out for the better.. sometimes these things do ..
Old 05-14-2002, 07:20 PM
packinair

DUDE, that SUCKS

Old 05-14-2002, 07:24 PM
Registered
Gold Member

26Scarab,
I feel your pain brother , Ive been laid off for the past month and a half. The only thing worst than you is my wife worked for the same company that I did and she's laid off with me. So we are both S*#T out of luck. Hang in there Bro something will come along soon for you. As for me I'm still waiting , and Doing what I have to.
Old 05-14-2002, 07:42 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Me too 2 weeks ago and it stinks cause Im self taught and have a
experience only background 15 yrs civil/electrical background
6 years Autocad design drafting I will not get a lot of use out of the boat if Im not working, a day out cost about 200 in gas

at least I can fall back on the DJ Biz www.topdj.com
will work anywhere in central NY
3600 watts, lights, fog, 40000 songs come guys I need gas money

Last edited by wwwTOPDJcom; 05-14-2002 at 07:47 PM.
Old 05-14-2002, 07:45 PM
Registered

You are looking at this all wrong. Today should be the best day of your live!

I had worked for other people for 16+ years. I was told one day that I was going to be let go since they did not need me anymore. Instead of staying knocked down I got up & started my own business. It was a struggle for the first couple of years but I was determined not to fail. Looking back they did me a big favor. If it were not for being laid off I would have never gotten off my duff & started my own business. I wish now they had laid me off sooner so I would not have spent so much time working for HIM instead of myself.

I do not know what you do for a living but you now have 2+ months to decide what you want to do. Go for it, the road may be hard, you may get knocked down a few times but just get back up & try again. You have an advantage over me, I was let go the day they told me.

Good luck
Old 05-14-2002, 07:57 PM
Registered

It is amazing that this whole job dilema spans the country and all type of job markets.
I originally thought that the automotive industry is pretty much the only one that is a constant roller coaster ride.

And yes Turbojack , I do have to agree with you . These things usually turn out for the better. If been thru this before and it sucks when it happens and while your in it but usually you come out ahead of where you were.
Old 05-14-2002, 10:00 PM
Registered

keep a + attitude every time a door closes another one opens up
sounds silly but it is true

Mattyboy
Old 05-14-2002, 10:11 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Man I am really sorry to hear that. Hang in there and hopefully you will not be the one that is parking cars for a living. Good luck

Jon
Old 05-14-2002, 10:47 PM
Registered

That's a drag, Chuck. Hope you find something soon. If you can get past the uncertainty and the lousy job market, July 1 really is a good time to not have to go to work, as a boater. Ok, I know it's still not ideal, but I'm trying to find something positive here... Good Luck and we'll see you on the water.

Quick Reply: OT:I should have stayed in bed today !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.