Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Intro and newbie (Fountain) question >

Intro and newbie (Fountain) question

Notices

Intro and newbie (Fountain) question

Old 12-17-2010, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also came from a right handed throttle and now own a Fountain and like others have said you forget about it after a few minutes. Love my boat though.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:43 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Can't go wrong with a Formula. Very nice boats and will offer a little more comfort over a Fountain of same size. That said, I'm on my 2nd Fountain and love 'em. The stance of how it sits in the water is what initially made me choose a Fountain.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

If you want to go fast..between the formula and fountain, hands down the fountain will be faster on equal power.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

35 fountain is faster and handles much better, period. 35 fastech has a lil more room and is a little more plush if u will.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Can't go wrong with a Formula. Very nice boats and will offer a little more comfort over a Fountain of same size. That said, I'm on my 2nd Fountain and love 'em. The stance of how it sits in the water is what initially made me choose a Fountain.
+1

I Was in the same place you are, my wife really wanted a cruiser, but that wasn't happening. Coming out of a Cig with zero creature comforts the Formula is a whole different boating experience. If you plan do a lot of weekending on the boat, the Formula is probably going to be more comfortable. We couldn't be happier with ours.

The Fountains are excellent boats, and power for power will usually be faster than a formula.

I have a soft spot for velocity's, as I grew up around them. They are much less mainstream than the Fountain or Formula, which I find cool. Very efficient hulls.

Go check them all out in person before you spend any money. There are enough boats for sale out there that you should have no problem finding a few to sample.

Good luck with your search, and have fun!
Old 12-17-2010, 11:54 AM
Registered

I too find the Velocity attractive in that you don't see many and I like having something different. I've been to their factory in Sanford and it was a great experience. It was a Sunday (we were heading back home) and just stopped to mostly drool through the fence. Surprisingly, folks were there getting boats ready to tow to the Miami Boat Show. Kenneth Hohwiesner introduced himself and proceeded to give us a tour and was just super nice. He got very talkative when he realized that I understood composite construction (I work for an aircraft company). That personalness alone was almost enough to make me not consider anyone else's boat. Anyhow.....

The wife is in love with this listing on here:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o36652-en.html

And why???? That's easy - the boat is BLUE!! And everyone knows that the only color for a boat is blue. LOL.... She cracks me up.

Tom
Old 12-17-2010, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tda3
(I work for an aircraft company).

The wife is in love with this listing on here:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o36652-en.html

Tom
Where in Georga? Do you work for Gulfstream by chance?

That fountain looks like a super nice ride
Old 12-17-2010, 12:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 758 Likes on 348 Posts

If the "compromise" is important than I would get the formula. I have been on a couple and they offer a great cabin area in my opinion.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
Where in Georga? Do you work for Gulfstream by chance?

That fountain looks like a super nice ride
Wow - great guess. Yes, I work for Gulfstream. Been there 25+ years now. Great company and (naturally) the best aircraft in the world.

Tom
Old 12-18-2010, 03:13 PM
Registered

I have right hand throttles but left hand drive. I thought it would take some time to get used to, but it didnt.
Not a Fountain though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.