OT: need help finding a prince >

OT: need help finding a prince

Notices

OT: need help finding a prince

Old 05-15-2002, 12:30 AM
OutlawBayB

Default OT: need help finding a prince

Prince Eric from Barbie / Nutcracker 2001 that is

I'm desperately seeking a tall, caucasion, honey brown hair & eyes made of silicone with plastic parts.

Seriously, my daughter's bday is this wknd & I can't find anyone ANYWHERE-yes, ebay too. Only one from a not trustworthy person. I can only find the african american ones, I need the other one.

And no, their clothes don't come off-they're stitched on from neck to shoes!!! So, I can't switch the dolls/clothes.

If anyone can locate one, has one, works in the "toy biz" or knows someone....PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!! This is the only toy she's asking for, I can only hope to get it.

Old 05-15-2002, 12:37 AM
SunseekerNY

BayB:

Even I had to read that one three times before I understood it (but then again I'm not the shapest tool in the Shed - shead.)

I'll run some Boolean searches for you and see what I can come up with.

When you are on a search engine, insert the + (plus) sign beteen the words, this makes the engines search for words in that exact order as opposed to mixing the words up in a heirarchal order. IE - it eliminates most of the crap when you want something very, very specific.

Good luck. Let me see what I can do.

Jennifer

Old 05-15-2002, 12:58 AM
SunseekerNY

I'm good, and this was not easy. Holy cow. Oh my God. I'm glad I don't have kids:

Here you go (your welcome)

http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo....7?aucview=0x10

Old 05-15-2002, 01:10 AM
SunseekerNY

Believe it or not, I have never been on that bid site before, however, I just reserched the selling history of the sellor. This person haS sold over 190 items on this group with 148 favorable responses from the buyers. I would more than assume you are safe on this one. I actually know people that make a living selling novelty items on E-bay and the like. The key is to know the market and to know the niche. Five years ago, if you had a depression glass collection, you could only find items in antique stores and at garage sales. Now try to buy a piece......

Good luck BayB -
Send me a pic when she opens the gift. I want to see the look on her face. It's priceless!

You made ME smile tonight - thank YOU!

Jennifer

Old 05-15-2002, 02:14 PM
OutlawBayB

Hey Jennifer-
Thank you so much for your help. Unfortunately that is the wrong doll. It's the Nutcracker Prince Eric from the 2001 Barbie Nutcracker Movie.

I didn't even know Yahoo had a site like E-bay! I'll keep checking around.

Man, the things we go thru to please our children

Old 05-15-2002, 03:22 PM
SunseekerNY

GRRRRRR

I just checked it again;. Is says "Nutcracker Ken" right at the top. I never saw the picture at the bottom.

I must have looked at 50 sites. They all point back to the mother site "Matel" where the doll is manufactured, and that site tells you that the doll is "out of stock."

Bumer.

I hope you find what you are looking for.

Old 05-15-2002, 04:08 PM
SunseekerNY

Thank you Catman.

Old 05-15-2002, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

I had the same problem at X-mas for my daughter, my sister was in salt lake and she found one at wal-mart for me. Know anybody in that area.
Old 05-15-2002, 06:10 PM
OutlawBayB

Sorry Boomer-don't know anyone in salt lake

Thanks Jennifer-I'm still searching. Just found another nutcracker little kelly fairy doll here in town. I've got 2 bids out on Ebay, but they don't end till after her party

So, I'm thinking.....the plan is buy the black one, put the mask,sword, etc....in with the prince charming (from Cinderella) doll. OR seeing how good of a job I can sew

I'll keep looking tho.

Thanks a bunch