Notices

Toronto Boat show 2011

Old 01-03-2011, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Toronto Boat show 2011

Anyone going this year? I am thinking I will either go Tuesday the 11th or Friday the 14th with some friends from Buffalo. Anyone know if anything cool will be there this year? Last year there was the 42 Statement, and a nice Eliminator cat with 725/indys.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I usually go "mid week", try and pick a day with Crap weather, so, the show isn't as busy, its usually pretty weak on "performance boats" lots of bowriders and cruisers, this Year Double R are bringing a Skater and a Donzi, and Jim Earle usually has a few Baja's and his "race" boat there on display. Its a good way to spend a day, but, its not like going to a Poker Run or to the Miami show, its MUCH more "Family boat" oriented

Enjoy!
Michael
Old 01-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 21 Posts

Im not sure why but Susi and I always go....
Old 01-03-2011, 11:58 PM
Registered

We went to the FTL boat show this year, we were done looking at the performance boats in 15 minutes. I sort of feel like Miami boat show would have been the better call. Live and learn.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have heard the Miami Show is beyond belief, you need days to see it all? Never been myself, but, would like to.

Maybe we should "kick around" the idea of going on the same day and meeting for lunch, or at the show, I have never really met anyone from this board in person, but, everyone seems to be really great people

Michael
Old 01-04-2011, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toronto Boat Show

We will have Checkmate Boats on display at this years show.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You don't need days for the Miami show - one long one is sufficient but there were a lot of cool go-fasts there last year for sure.

I think I'll skip the Toronto one this year. I really couldn't give a toss about most of the stuff they bring out.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought my 2010 eliminator 28 speedster at the toronto boat show from bob leach based on les's boat that was in the show. Amazing guy. He flew to buffalo and drove in a snow storm to toronto to be on hand for the weekend. He called me 2 months ago to see if i knew anyone who wanted a good deal on a boat so he could put it in the show. I didnt have anyone for him. Ill be there one of those days. Hey perlmudder i live around the corner from u in forest hill.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rsess
I bought my 2010 eliminator 28 speedster at the toronto boat show from bob leach based on les's boat that was in the show. Amazing guy. He flew to buffalo and drove in a snow storm to toronto to be on hand for the weekend. He called me 2 months ago to see if i knew anyone who wanted a good deal on a boat so he could put it in the show. I didnt have anyone for him. Ill be there one of those days. Hey perlmudder i live around the corner from u in forest hill.
I live on Strathearn, I graduated from FHCI in 2005.

... That was a tough beat tonight in the jrs
Old 01-05-2011, 10:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by freshwaterfiend
You don't need days for the Miami show - one long one is sufficient but there were a lot of cool go-fasts there last year for sure.

I think I'll skip the Toronto one this year. I really couldn't give a toss about most of the stuff they bring out.
Is your SCS parked at a shop around Finch and the 400? Saw an orange one there back in the summer...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.