Notices

Forgot to winterize

Old 12-18-2010, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dbkski
Don't wait any longer. It is easier to fix a "little" damage now then "a lot" of damage
in May. Get to a heated building and do the checks/maintenance yourselves or get
it to a mechanic A.S.A.P. It is stupid to wait until Spring when every swinging d!ck
and his Brother are looking to get work done at your local marina/mechanic's shop.
I agree. I'm not saying to start it up cold, or force air through it while there's ice in there. But the best thing you can do is to heat everything up (even slowly with a small heater in the engine compartment) and go ahead with a winterization.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh Dude, I mean really.............Forgot to winterize, havent changed oil in 4 years. Sounds like an adult needs to take the toy away.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dbkski
Don't wait any longer. It is easier to fix a "little" damage now then "a lot" of damage
in May. Get to a heated building and do the checks/maintenance yourselves or get
it to a mechanic A.S.A.P. It is stupid to wait until Spring when every swinging d!ck
and his Brother are looking to get work done at your local marina/mechanic's shop.
sounds like you are talking about gordys
Old 12-18-2010, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

How is that oil not solid sludge now
Old 12-19-2010, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

open the drains, and put 2 drop lights under the engine hatch (one on each side of the motor)and close it. Then cross your fingers
Old 12-19-2010, 08:22 PM
Registered

...If the guy that owns the boat doesn't seem to care...then why should we/me/us care...btw...this thread has effectively negated ANY chance of him recovering his losses from his insurance carrier...STUPIDITY IS covered in most cases...NEGLIGENCE is not...
Old 12-20-2010, 10:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bms26
No this is on a 27. You have probably seen it around, real flashy paint (yellow, blue, red). He's had it since 06' and never winterized it, but before it was in a heated shop. Crazy thing is it still has original oil in it!
Yep, I've seen it. Think I have a picture of it too, but won't post it.

sorry to hear that. I hope it turns out inexspensive for him, but fear the worst.

I havn't really done much to mine, but I did drain the water, and keep it in heated storage. Also pulled the plugs, and sprayed a little fogging oil, only cause I did a leak down test.

I plan to start doing some work to mine after X-mas, so didn't see the sense in doing a full out winterization.

Even though this winter has been mild comparted to last 2 years, i am ready for summer. Missing the bikinis
Old 12-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cabin fever

sorry to hear that. I hope it turns out inexspensive for him, but fear the worst.

I havn't really done much to mine, but I did drain the water, and keep it in heated storage. Also pulled the plugs, and sprayed a little fogging oil, only cause I did a leak down test.

I plan to start doing some work to mine after X-mas, so didn't see the sense in doing a full out winterization.

Even though this winter has been mild comparted to last 2 years, i am ready for summer. Missing the bikinis
Old 12-20-2010, 11:33 AM
Registered

I would do it today. Not tomorrow! Today!! It might cost him $$$ for forgetting or beign lazy. I bring my boat back from Ozarks to Iowa and store it in my metal building and it is tooo cold for non-winterized boats!!! Im in SE iowa. I would heat that thing up and winterize it.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cabin fever

Missing the Bikinis - Every DAY man !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.