Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Byrdman's 46 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/244304-byrdmans-46-a.html)

Ryan Beckley 12-20-2010 05:09 PM

The Goddess was barrel rolled in New Orleans in the one race it was raced in. It landed right side up and never sunk. It is a very nice piece and I am sure a good buy.

KiloKat 12-20-2010 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley (Post 3279383)
The Goddess was barrel rolled in New Orleans in the one race it was raced in. It landed right side up and never sunk.

Yes - Ryan is correct. Funny thing was they were racing themselves when they barrel rolled at a very high speed in the last turn of the last lap. JT & I (in my 46' Skater) as well as David Woods & Art Lilley (in David's 44' MTI) had already gone out with engine problems.

buck183 12-20-2010 06:42 PM

What happened to Byrdman? I haven't seen him on here for a long time from what I can remember.

Buck

OldSchool 12-20-2010 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by KiloKat (Post 3279402)
Yes - Ryan is correct. Funny thing was they were racing themselves when they barrel rolled at a very high speed in the last turn of the last lap. JT & I (in my 46' Skater) as well as David Woods & Art Lilley (in David's 44' MTI) had already gone out with engine problems.

Hi Dave!:drink:

Any truth to the story that the owners just went back to Japan and left the boat after that race? I've always wondered if there was any truth to that. :eek::drink:

TOASTY 12-20-2010 07:40 PM

Thank you all for your positive comments. Yes, the boat is for sale, and is far more advanced then any other 46 Skater on the market, and has been successfully personally financed by a single owner with a dream of outrunning competition. This skaters hull has never delaminated and for serious buyers the fiberglass structure and all mechanicals (engines included) can absoultley be made available for a full marine survey. Additionally, record breaking speed runs where only achievable in a supreme rigged and built machine.

Tom Byrd is a dear friend, and I am happy to help with the sale of the Skater, he has moved on to pursue other interests. This fully turn key package may not be as out of reach as most of you may think… However I believe a buyer who has serious interest wont be making posts online, but making phone calls. Good luck in chasing your dream, and if you have further questions please feel free to reach out to me.

Christian M. Del Collo

KNOT-RIGHT 12-20-2010 07:54 PM

Here

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...s-byrdman.html

Good Luck Tom in whatever your up too:drink:

HotPursuit 12-20-2010 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by KiloKat (Post 3279402)

I was there and couldn't believe how hard they were driving into the turns considering they were no one left in there class!!

KiloKat 12-21-2010 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 3279530)
Hi Dave!:drink:

Any truth to the story that the owners just went back to Japan and left the boat after that race? I've always wondered if there was any truth to that. :eek::drink:

Yes - that is what JT told me later.

Boat is really a nice piece and ran great right from the factory.

dykstra 12-21-2010 08:04 AM

That boat is bad azz!

40FlatDeck 12-21-2010 10:33 AM

Well, she is a beauty!!! It is too bad Tom is selling her, I hope he makes some of the money back he put into her. I can relate!!!! :lolhit:

Goddess indeed.....