If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    My Boats:
    Boat racing ,building
    Miami,FL. USA
    Hey Jeff,

We asked your attorney last month that we needed a letter stating that once our part is taken care of and you take care of your payment of the two bad checks we have here I would be receiving the title for said 24 free and clear.I have never received any letter from him.I would appreciate that you talk to him so we can put an end to this matter.

By the way I called you today at that number and I left you a message.I also called you last month when I sent you the copy of the check.

I am not going to continue going back in forth with you,

You know how to get a hold of me any time.

Regards, JO

Neno the mind boggler VIP Member glassdave's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Batboat, 38 Scarab Thunder, 16 Sidewinder, 27 Magnum
    toledo oh
    yikes . . this thread may have just take'n a hard left turn . . .

for what its worth i have always been a huge pantera fan . . .i still have a little black and white pic of a 24 i pulled out of a magazine ad back in the 80's, good look'n boats jo.

rico . . .i laughed my a$$ off . . .you nailed the fountain signature package . . funny chit man

have drove both boats fountain and pantera and they sure dont build them like they used to. building them to light to bang the big number is not always good. but if you really want quality just buy a SKATER and get it over with.

Syracuse, New York
    Wow, I passed on this thread days ago, but had some time to kill Sunday Morning. Unbelievable is the only thing that comes to mind.
    I love the Banner at the race idea!!!!
    29 outlaw.. too funny
    Its too bad, there are soo many good suggestions, but you really have to tip-toe when you deal with Foubntain on this. They have the boat and no vested interest.
    A vested interest needs to be created. All the while you need to hope they do the work like they care about you. Tough situation to be in.
    Cant beat them up to get crappy work done now can ya. There is such a fine line with the type of approach to be taken. Its too bad because many companies are measured by Customer Service, not their product quality.
    I would still get ahold of any one at the factory you could and work your way around every department to whomever would listen. Sometimes someone inside can help fight your battle. Maintaining a politically correct attitude to create a need for Fountain.
    Good luck

Funny how the two Pantera guys disputing their differences here on OSO court have the same Avatar!

Charter Member #319 Charter Member
    Pennsville NJ.
    What the HELL is going on here.

Gold Member Gold Member Rice Hauler's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2001 Cigarette Top Gun Lip Ship Edition
    This is not the first time that I have heard woes of this type. And each time I go back to the question where is your dealer in this. It seems to me that regardless of the manufacturer you are only as covered as the dealer that services you.
    Over 10 years of boating I have had the same dealer, Lip Ship Performance.
    I know that in this time Phil has handled countless items that have needed repair that are "warranty" items but would have taken months to repair at the manufacturer. Every time he has repaired / replaced these things and on his own dime and settled the issues with the manufacturer while I am out on the water where I belong.
    That's what I call service and that is why I believe that having a good dealer is just as important as the brand. A dealer has to do more than just sell to stay in business. One of the things that Phil has reminded me of over the years is "It may be your fun / Hobby but it's my business."
    good luck
    Rice Hauler
    "Lovin' Life and Livin Large"..OffShore

My Boats:
    Top Gun
    Batavia Oh.
    Yea Rice Hauler.....Phils an old Ohio boy....Must still have those old Midwest values!!!

Originally posted by joe900sc
    Thanks to the advice from the members on this board....

This morning I called Fountain and stayed on the phone until I talked to a real person (no more voice mail -I'm done with that).

I after some bouncing around I was put in touch with Steve Harrelson. I told him my experience as stated earlier in this thread. He apologized and said he was on vacation (too bad his operator didn't know that). I told him exactly what I think about Jeff Harris and that I did not buy into the "he's busy" BS.

Steve and I reviewed the work order and agreed on the work being done along with the approved warranty claims. He said the boat is being worked-on and reviewed the progress currently being made and the completion dates. He did note that the work order said completed by end of April and recognized that they are late. I agreed to the revised completion date (no choice really). It is now set to be completed on May 30th. I now have this in writing. I'll miss boating Memorial weekend.

My lawyer is still sending a letter to Reggie concerning our dismay at Fountains inability to communicate with me when they are holding $200,000 of my property. And are making sure somone at Fountain is held responsible if any commitments have been broken, quality of work is not acceptable, or any occured propety damage is found.

So I guess I'm pacified, I'll be following-up with Fountain and the board too...

To everyone thanks for your help. I'll catch a round of drinks AFTER the next Poker Run. Look for the boat "Thunderstruck".

I'd love to hear an update on this situation after the end of the month and you've had a chance to inspect the work. After over 3300 views of this thread it would seem to me Fountain would make sure it was perfect and do EVERYTHING to make sure you were very happy. Shoot, their competion can't buy advertising like this!

My Boats:
    1997 Fountain 35 Lightning
    beaumont tx
    some of you keep asking why dont you take your fountain to the dealer, well from what I am hearing a few dealers are not getting paid from fountain on warranty work, MMMMMMMM sounds bad there, hope it all works out pretty bad when you have no choice but to take it to the factory, and you have these kind of problems

My Boats:
    2004 36 Concept
    Toms River, NJ
    How about this idea?

As a sign of support - everyone print out this message (complete) and fax it to Reggie's office"

Fountain Exec. fax number: 252-975-6793

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast