Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Merry Xmas 272Bajadriver and psloanker (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/244370-merry-xmas-272bajadriver-psloanker.html)

Pokher Ace 12-27-2010 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Airpacker (Post 3282054)
Good engine "builders" are certified machinists first and foremost.

Anyone can bolt parts together and call themselves a "builder" when in reality they are just "assemblers". A true engine "builder" can not only assemble a list of parts, he knows why he's using that combination of parts and he knows how to "marry" the parts perfectly to work as one and not just sorta, kinda work together.

I could assemble engines all day long and guarantee that they would run BUT!!!!, I use a real engine "builder" to build my own engines so they will not only run, but run right and for a long time.

It takes years of experience to learn all the proper nuances of real engine building and while I have been involved in the automotive and marine repair business for 30 years, I still choose to use a real "builder" for my own stuff.

What exactly are pslonakers qualifications to call himself an engine "builder" again? How many HUNDREDS of high performance engines has he designed, build and tested?

We have all read the horror stories on here of guys who paid someone to "build" them an engine.

Have you ever read a horror story about the true engine "builders" such as Eddie or Sterling or Pfaff etc assembling a ticking time bomb on here?

Note : the above post is strictly the opinion of the author and in no way reflects the opinion or position of baja272driver or pslonaker or anyone else who has paid good money for a piece of junk masquerading as a high performance marine engine. :)

Bingo! Reher Morrison does all his machine work and he assembles and torques

4bus 12-27-2010 01:38 PM

Ahhh 272bajaislander....your xmas stay of execution is over, I can go back to beating on you.

I could go back (again) and pull up all the jackass quotes you have made, all the beatings you have tried to hand out to people trying to help you, and all the dumb ass statements you have made.....but honestly I just don;t care enough anymore.

Seems that anyone that sides with reality you now claim they are in a clique, and that I am the leader of such clique??? STUPID, and then you start a new case to defend your assinine actions on a different thread thinking all your BS was forgotten?? Guess what, it is a small site and small word......they are on to you!

But, in case anyone is wondering what a true ass you are, I invite them to this thread http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...e-builder.html

At what point do you see the light? I mean even Eddie Young is making fun of you, and for me that is is first.

How about, you just hush your mouth, build your dream machine, post the video and cost to build when you are done and prove me wrong? Then keep us updated all summer long........can't wait :popcorn:

Young Performance 12-27-2010 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by 4bus (Post 3283736)

At what point do you see the light? I mean even Eddie Young is making fun of you, and for me that is is first.

:

Rut Row......how did I get thrown in the mix? This is one situation that I don't want to be involved in since I have a really hard time seeing this ending good for anyone. The only way this may possibly work out is if he heeds the advice he was given in all of the previous threads. They were on the road to disaster. I hope for everyone's sake they get on the right track, but the only way to do that is to take a 180 from where they were going.
The thing that concerns me the most was if the info and advice Baja received was coming from a "professional" engine builder. That scares me. There are enough wanna be engine builders out there making a mess of good parts that the world doesn't need another. It makes all of us look bad if that was the case. I don't know since I wasn't there. If the advice did come from Slonaker, then everyone should know about it so that no one else gets it in the rear. If not, then no problem. He may be a good builder, I just don't know, so I'm not going to say any more. I wish them all luck. I really hope it all turns out good. For God's sake, please choose a different color.:evilb:

WOTW2E 12-27-2010 04:58 PM

clit, click, clique, cliche.

Try reading those four words 3 times fast.

I like "clit" the best. Let's stick with that from now on.

:party-smiley-004:The OSO english police are always watching!:party-smiley-004:

RunninHotRacing163.1 12-30-2010 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by 4bus (Post 3283736)
Ahhh 272bajaislander....your xmas stay of execution is over, I can go back to beating on you.

I could go back (again) and pull up all the jackass quotes you have made, all the beatings you have tried to hand out to people trying to help you, and all the dumb ass statements you have made.....but honestly I just don;t care enough anymore.

Seems that anyone that sides with reality you now claim they are in a clique, and that I am the leader of such clique??? STUPID, and then you start a new case to defend your assinine actions on a different thread thinking all your BS was forgotten?? Guess what, it is a small site and small word......they are on to you!

But, in case anyone is wondering what a true ass you are, I invite them to this thread http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...e-builder.html

How about, you just hush your mouth, build your dream machine, post the video and cost to build when you are done and prove me wrong? Then keep us updated all summer long........can't wait :popcorn:

:lolhit: