Is there any interest in a boat club in Ga >

Is there any interest in a boat club in Ga

Notices

Is there any interest in a boat club in Ga

Old 12-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there any interest in a boat club in Ga

Everyone give me your thoughts, there are lots of performance boats on Allatoona and Lanier and no way to get eveyrone together. Lanier has a lot of good things going on with the lake, if you haven't been lately you should join us next summer.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:07 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

I like the idea. Plenty of Hi Po boats on Lanier and now all the new hot spots to go as well.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:44 PM
Banned

Default Boat Club

Back in the late 80's and 90's there was a group named Atlanta Hot Boat club and it was a great club. We had runs on the Tenn River, Lake Guntersville, Lake Hartwell, Saint George River, and many more locales. The members were from Lanier and Alatoona mostly. The boats were a mix of v-drives, jets, tunnel halls, etc. As the boats got bigger and we all got families, the club became the Atlanta Power Boat club and it is still going today. The web site is atlantapowerboat.com and it is run by a member here on OSO. He goes by SeaDated. PM him and see if it is what you are looking for or go to the web site to check it out. I always am looking for someone to run with, so give me a shout if you like. Thanks, Dan
Old 12-22-2010, 03:54 PM
Banned

Default Mr. Stupid

I feel stupid. I did not read the other posts a few days ago about the boat club. I see you already know about Gig and Atlanta Power Boat club. We used to have dues, and a president and vice president and "I second this and second that", but it broke down after a while and your are right, it is a group of people with a like interest who just go boating together. If you start a new one, let me know. I boat on Hartwell, but live in Atlanta and would like to go different places. Thanks!
Old 12-22-2010, 05:00 PM
Registered

hi Dan, it's Robert. Glad to see you are still around, you had some awesome jet boats. Keven has always done a great job of keeping everyone together, however there are a lot of people that are not involved, due to not knowing the club is there. To have a true boat club with events, parties and poker runs you have to have dues. Just about every state has a real boat club and there is no reason why Atl can't, lots of people with boats that would like to get together with other people with the same interest. I love the feed back, keep it coming.
Robert
Old 12-22-2010, 05:02 PM
Registered

Thanks to Cash Bar, we may get some responce now.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Banned

Default Boat Club

Hi, Is this Robert B.? It is great to hear from you.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

I would be interested.

My wife, 6 yr old son and I just moved down here last summer and have had a great time on Lanier and met some really cool people as well.

We are always up for boating with more friends!
Old 12-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Registered

debcod2, glad you are here. Lanier and Alatoona are great places to boat. Lanier has finally started building great places for boaters to get together and that is why I believe we can put together a boat club to make it happen.
Blower Dan, it is great to here from you, where in the heck have you been the last 10 years?
We will need your help to put a club together. Give me a call I would love to here from you. Do you still have a jet boat?
Old 12-22-2010, 07:46 PM
Banned

Default Boat Club

Yes I do still have the blower boat. I never sell a boat, just keep buying new ones. I just put a new interior in both the Nordic Jet and my 24 Eliminator. I just went through the blower and the 509 and she is in great shape. I do not know if you ever saw the 234 Edge I have, but I love her also. She has nitrous injection on a warmed over BBC and I regularly chew up Bravo's with her. I have a bow rider jet boat just like Johnny's first boat that I am building for my son and his family. And my new boat is a 28' Daytona with twin 496 HO's. On Jan 7 2011, my wife and I are flying out to Portland to hopefully purchase a new 36 Speedster with twin 700sc’s and NXT drives. I can’t wait. I went through a real bad divorce starting in 2003 and ending in 2007 after going through hundreds of thousands in attorney's fees on my side alone. I did not boat during this very tough time. I am remarried to a real sweet woman 15 years younger than I and we are very happy! I am a grandpa now for about 2 months. Daniel and his wife had a real cute little girl and he is "owner in training" at our company so I can retire up to the lake fulltime in the next few years. On a very sad note, we lost Elizabeth on Father's Day 2009 in a drowning accident and my heart is forever broken and I miss her every day. The pain of losing a child is something that never goes away and tears at me every second of the day. I hope and pray all is well for you and your family and you have a great holiday. I will do whatever I can to help form the club, because as you know, boating is my favorite passion. Call me at 404 626-2344 or pm me your number. Talk to you soon. Good to hear from you again. Dan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.