Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   43 Nortech vs. 46 Cig. RR (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/244462-43-nortech-vs-46-cig-rr.html)

OL40SVX 12-23-2010 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by flat rate (Post 3281940)
drive them both and buy what you like! as long as its not a outerlimits you will be happy!!!

You say that because?

fastoys 12-23-2010 10:08 PM

Prob because hes a beginner! some people dont understand the OL. I love em! lots more fun to drive than all the rest!

boating37 12-23-2010 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by fastoys (Post 3281953)
Prob because hes a beginner! some people dont understand the OL. I love em! lots more fun to drive than all the rest!

No I can understand where he is coming from, I did not like the epoxy built boat that I went for a ride in from OL.You heard every little ripple of water you hit.Never would own onefor that reason. Love the way they look though. But I think the question was about the 43 Nor-tech and the 46 Cig.

Catmando 12-23-2010 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by fastoys (Post 3281953)

Kind words from a Cig guy. Never hear that from a Fountain owner lol.

kreed 12-24-2010 06:17 AM

I love these threads!

SS930 12-24-2010 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by kreed (Post 3282037)
I love these threads!

Me too, but you have to throw some gas on the fire every so often. :party-smiley-004:

Jassman 12-24-2010 07:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by kreed (Post 3282037)
I love these threads!

I do also..

All 3 good boats, the best in the industry, built for different purposes. The difference's in the NT with Speedmasters vs bravos.. angle of attack is improved, and if semi stagged that also improves the ride. Fact: Cockpit and headroom is by far the most...Then you have to look at customer service, for me that seals the deal.. I can comment that I dont care for the epoxy boats and am told that the new grid system is better, but time will tell, and I will check them out when ready, for now NorTech is the winner in my book...

SS930 12-24-2010 07:34 AM

Yeah, I don't care for ultra light weight high tech composites either when it comes to my ultra high performance stuff. Super light weight, rigid, and strong materials have no place in the performance arena. I like my cars, planes, boats, etc to be as heavy, sluggish, and dead feeling as possible. I prefer the much easier, cheaper, weaker, and heavier feel of straight up poured resin. I understand Ferrari is going to start building their F1 cars out of cast iron and poured resin next year so they sound better when you rap on the bodywork...

kreed 12-24-2010 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by SS930 (Post 3282084)
Yeah, I don't care for ultra light weight high tech composites either when it comes to my ultra high performance stuff. Super light weight, rigid, and strong materials have no place in the performance arena. I like my cars, planes, boats, etc to be as heavy, sluggish, and dead feeling as possible. I prefer the much easier, cheaper, weaker, and heavier feel of straight up poured resin. I understand Ferrari is going to start building their F1 cars out of cast iron and poured resin next year so they sound better when you rap on the bodywork...

Im with you scot. I could of bought a New OL, but I prefer the old school lay ups more than that new fengled crap. Thats why I bought the ol' 82 vintage hull. Its MUCH nicer. I actually took a 150 ft. Skater for a test ride........didnt like it. Nope, Im back where I belong. :drink: