Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   32 year, 3 months and 11 days at Penske Racing - I'M RETIRED!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/244480-32-year-3-months-11-days-penske-racing-im-retired.html)

SOX 12-30-2010 03:32 PM

And YES, R'Addiction is grabbing my wife's a$$ in that photo on the bottom... :)

Chuck & Karen pictured at Penske Racing Shop.

the pictures of the ladies is from my first ever OSO get together and Dave & Buster’s in Philly a few years ago. Pictures is Baja Bob's wife, Dianne (the Admiral) and my wife Karen.

C_Spray 12-31-2010 10:22 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I have to say that for the last decade or so, boating has been a more dominant influence in my lafe than racing. Through groups like OSO, I've gotten to know lots of great people on the water and in the industry. The basic nature of our shared pasttime is such that it attracts type-A personalities, which carries with the risk of some less-than-gracious people, but in general, Dianne and I have found our on-water friends to be of the very highest caliber. Great people make for great times. We're looking forward to more, but just need to make sure that people save their vacation days for summer weekdays. We'll sure as heck be out there!

mwdill 12-31-2010 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by C_Spray (Post 3286224)
I have to say that for the last decade or so, boating has been a more dominant influence in my lafe than racing. Through groups like OSO, I've gotten to know lots of great people on the water and in the industry. The basic nature of our shared pasttime is such that it attracts type-A personalities, which carries with the risk of some less-than-gracious people, but in general, Dianne and I have found our on-water friends to be of the very highest caliber. Great people make for great times. We're looking forward to more, but just need to make sure that people save their vacation days for summer weekdays. We'll sure as heck be out there!

Don't worry Chuck! I save all my days and weeks of vacation for the summer time! Lori gets so mad cause i am off just about every 3 weeks during the summer! :drink:
plus a 3 day weekend every other weekend :D:

DONZI 12-31-2010 02:47 PM

Time for Penske to start up a Boat Racing venture to keep the staff going. I am sure he could bring together a great sponsorship.

Just something to keep you from getting bored.
Congrats on your retirement !

C_Spray 12-31-2010 07:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Been there, done that. ..Back when "Offshore" meant exactly that.

That's RP himself along with "Doc" Magoon and another gentleman whom I do not know. I'll leave it to Brownie to fill in the details.

R Addiction 12-31-2010 08:11 PM

Nice shot Chuck! When you get back in town we need to get together for some celebratory C&G's. Maybe a road trip south with "Try Me"? I have time:drink:

FeverMike 12-31-2010 09:25 PM

Congrat's Chuck! You just don'st see that type of loyalty between a company and employee anyomre. I really think the 32 years says a lot about Penske and you and I'm in awe about that.

I and a lot of sales and marketing people were just let go from the drum company I worked for. I was there 11 years and 3 months and put my heart and sole into building the brand and taking care of dealers and consumers. My sales as were others were up my customers loved me but the compay decided to re-structure as they put it. I was given offer from other drum company's through out my time and always stayed loyal to the company I worked for. I really believed I was with the best.

Anyway, have a great 2011 and semi-retirement.

C_Spray 01-08-2011 12:28 PM

Semi-retirement is right. After 8 days, they've called me in for 3-4 days of consulting in Mooresville starting Monday.

NASCAT - Where are you taking me for dinner?

R Addiction 01-08-2011 12:47 PM

Dang!! I thought we were gonna hang at the house and knock a few back and plan our southbound Batboat excursion!

R Addiction 01-08-2011 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by SOX (Post 3285837)
And YES, R'Addiction is grabbing my wife's a$$ in that photo on the bottom... :)

Thats why she's smilin'!!