Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
32 year, 3 months and 11 days at Penske Racing - I'M RETIRED!!! >

32 year, 3 months and 11 days at Penske Racing - I'M RETIRED!!!

Notices

32 year, 3 months and 11 days at Penske Racing - I'M RETIRED!!!

Old 12-25-2010, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow Chuck, very impressive!!!!
Congratulations to you and Diane....i'm sure she'll keep you busy.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Sea ya on the water

Joe & Judy
Old 12-25-2010, 03:44 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Hey Chuck !

Do not call BAJABOB 38,he probably wants to borrow something as he just recently resurfaced after years of hibernating with CATMANDO !
Old 12-25-2010, 07:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats and best wishes Chuck.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C_Spray
RedDog382 - I did not realize that we had met. Hope that I wasn't too obnoxious. Sorry that we couldn't hook up when we brought the boat to Put-In Bay in 2007.
Don't remember exactly which year (I have been there for about 14 years now) but it was a testing day with the whole team including Jay Signore who was setting up the IROC Camaros for the upcoming race there. Jay and I talked engines and he recommended the ATI balancers to me as I had the 311 motors in a shop somewhere getting some freshening/upgrades done at the time. I'm still running those ATI's on the 382 and think of Jay everytime I see them! I hope he is doing well ...

You were very busy, but still took the time to B.S. with me about boating and your Mannerfelt.

Someone at another Marlboro/Penske event more recently at MIS took me to personally meet and talk with Rick Mears. Over the years I have also been introduced to Little Al, Gil DeFerran, and Sam Hornish who is from the same hometown where I grew up.

I was also involved in response to the tragedy at the track in 1998 and present when Roger spoke at the debriefing later that night. I will never forget the tears in his eyes as he spoke to his track employees that evening.

Amazing organization, all of you!
Old 12-26-2010, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Chuck,

You are a rare breed as there are not many loyal hard working individuals in the workforce today. 32 yrs with the same employer is inothing short of mpressive, the things you accomplished & been a part of even more impressive.

Roger Penske is a class act, I know bc he gave me my start in racing back in the early 80's. Out of curiousity is there any other Penskes employee w/ more years than you?? I wasn't sure about Walt Z or Dan L.

I don't really see you sit on the front porch in your rocker sipping a cold lemonade so I'm sure it won't be long before you have your hands in something else.

Any plans to relocate or own a 2nd home south??

Congrats on your retirement you most certainly earned it. I look forward to seeing some more of you on the 2011 PR circuit
Old 12-26-2010, 12:12 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Chuck,

I think that is great, and to be with one employer achieveing greatness and doing what you like/love is a blessing. I wish you best in your retirement. I hope to be on the Chesapeake this upcoming summer, then I will congratulate you in person, until then enjoy life.

Stephen
Old 12-26-2010, 07:32 PM
Are we having fun, yet?
Charter Member

I was introduced to Chuck and Diane last year at SML. They both were like meeting up with old friends, right from the start.
Congratulations Chuck, on your amazing career! I hope you have a long and enjoyable retirement.
We are looking forward to spending time with you again, this spring.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:57 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Congratulations Chuck! The stories I heard over the last 8 years and my favorite is the one with Emmo in the Ebbtide at the lake. Classic! Thanks for having me help out on the boat projects, a great learning experience. I look forward to working, boating and enjoying some boat drinks with you and Dianne this summer and years to come. Pictures to follow.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:48 PM
Registered

enjoy your retirement, life is too short!
Old 12-27-2010, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

congrats chuck... btw you know a guy named danny drinan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.