Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What is a better boat? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/244625-what-better-boat.html)

OL40SVX 12-27-2010 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 3283991)
I thought OSD was being soft on him! When OSD gets rolling he can shut websites down (ever hear of Serious Offshore?). Rob has been "nicer" than in years past, noticed it for awhile now. The only slam I saw in his earlier post was the reference to Sam/Minihawk. That kid flat out lies/misrepresents and I haven't seen Dan do anything like that. I think he was refering to the young age.

Dan is a tough kid and will be fine. He gets large dosages of OL while working there so it is no wonder he cheerleads often!
They are great boats after all.

All fine up here in cold snowy New England. I guess I have the "right" oval syndrome!!!!:D:D:evilb:

Jupiter Sunsation 12-27-2010 07:56 PM

Hey GLH........You may be able to contribute to this mess!

Do you ever see yourself moving back into a performance v bottom? (after having a few nice vees and now an MTI cat)

offshoredrillin 12-27-2010 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by mastercraft240 (Post 3283981)
First of all, I'm 21 as well. I go to the same school as dan, which is of course, the same town as Outerlimits. Dan, I've been telling you for awhile man!! Can't be an outerlimits cheerleader all the time, even if you do think they are the best. I love the kryptonites, but I don't go bragging around saying they are better and faster than activators. Age has nothing to do with it. Dan and anyone else in their 20's can be the next one up to spend $100k-$400k in the next decade. Remember that.

Offshoredrillin,

Did you compare Dan to Minihawk? That's a stretch to say the least. You're going to start correct Dan's spelling? That's hitting below the knee's. No need to go there, Dan's already not the sharpest tool in the shed:party-smiley-004: (just kiddin' Dan!). You made your point about him cheerleading. Why go further? Maybe your overcompensating? I dont know. I dont care. <-- Go make fun of spelling, look I missed the apostrophe! Make your point and move on. I've honestly always enjoyed your post and not trying to get into a pissing match with you. You're far wiser than myself and I respect that fully. I think you just missed the nail on the head by a little on this one.

It's all good, and Sam Jr is welcome, however part of this website is to keep the BS to a minimum, fun is fun but the only thing accomplished by the incessant OL comparisons is making people overlook his posts, I know I do. As for correcting someone, the first correction was thrown at me for the misspelling of Sutphin :D..other youngsters on here did the same, it isn't a crime, it is annoying and counterproductive to their goal of being taken seriously...jus sayin' :evilb:

As for your spelling, it's OK that you missed the apostrophe, at least you spelled it correctly....the whole thing was a glass house reference ;)

TeamSaris 12-27-2010 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin (Post 3284010)
other youngsters on here did the same, it isn't a crime, it is annoying and counterproductive to their goal of being taken seriously...jus sayin' :evilb:

Hmm........ :lolhit:

TOASTY 12-27-2010 08:45 PM

its all good when someone else pays for the fun. I wounder how many of our younger board memebers actually purchased, run and do the work on THEIR OWN rigs.... I bet bajas, bayliners, and chris crafts would then be the best as they may be the only affordable boats for some

I used to be a know it all then i met Byrd et al, they def know it all! good luck with this thread i have never ever read smarty get mad, there is a first for everything i guess

i have no bias toward the younger crowd and see the post whores young or old for what they are. Most are must be nice-ers and put down others. whatever, you all are guilty and thus is the reason why offshore racing will never have sponsers that last.

richanton 12-27-2010 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by GLH (Post 3283992)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGQ-ISsDm8M

APACHE!!!!!!

Damn funny, some people on here need to lighten up. If you don't like what somebody is posting, move on. It is the internet after all, everything needs to be taken with a grain of salt.....

TeamSaris 12-27-2010 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by TOASTY (Post 3284042)
its all good when someone else pays for the fun. I wounder how many of our younger board memebers actually purchased, run and do the work on THEIR OWN rigs.... I bet bajas, bayliners, and chris crafts would then be the best as they may be the only affordable boats for some

I used to be a know it all then i met Byrd et al, they def know it all! good luck with this thread i have never ever read smarty get mad, there is a first for everything i guess

i have no bias toward the younger crowd and see the post whores young or old for what they are. Most are must be nice-ers and put down others. whatever, you all are guilty and thus is the reason why offshore racing will never have sponsers that last.

You know I run and work on my rig.

Smarty 12-27-2010 09:19 PM

i have no bias toward the younger crowd and see the post whores young or old for what they are. Most are must be nice-ers and put down others. whatever, you all are guilty and that is the reason why offshore racing will never have sponsers that last.

Christian,

I am not mad, just disappointed by the level of thick-headed-ness, and the "I am right and you are wrong attitude." Sorry to all on OSO if I came across mad, but it seems to be a never ending flow of bullsh*t, oh well so be it. I have other things to worry about, this is small potatoes (no worry at all), but this thread does have entertainment value, and for that reason, hence my posting(s), and my continuing to read the posts.

I can get mad, and that is usually in a face to face situation, I do not get mad due to internet postings (typically). I am a peaceable guy with my hell-raising days behind me (I am trying my best to be a good citizen), that is due to catholic/christian living (trying to do right today). Bottomline: treat people the way you would want to be treated. But I will call bullsh*t when I see it. Enough said.

Mastercraft240 12-27-2010 09:20 PM

Where did that come from? This thread is not a pissing match about what "youngsters" should be doing and how that has impacted offshore racing. But if you want to go there-- Ill go there.

I'll flat out admit, I DID NOT PAY FOR MY BOAT. I DID NOT PAY FOR MY REBUILD. Am I officially frowned upon in the OSO community? What's the difference if a youngster runs his or her boats with another family member that equally enjoys the sport. I cannot speak for all youngsters (as you would call it), but people like Dan and myself have fathers who enjoy and have the passion of high performance boating just like ourselves. We've been blessed with the opportunity to spend time with our fathers, and even more blessed to spend time with them doing something we both love.

How can you possibly complain about the demise of this sport while you sit there on your high horse CRITICIZING the very future of this sport-- the youngsters. We have the same passion, be it less or more, as you. Take less time chiting on us and spend more time teaching and educating us and maybe...just maybe.... high performance boating will get back on track.

Audiofn 12-27-2010 09:21 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYlDbv7MqE8

OSD don't make me go get Puder. Then you can make fun of spelling. Hell even me for that matter. :D