Notices

What is a better boat?

Old 12-27-2010, 10:59 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
RACING in a full canopy with proper safety equipment is a different scenario than pleasure boating incidents due to driver error.
I agree. Your original post did not include a canopy reference though, did it?
Old 12-27-2010, 11:01 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,069 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Not at all. Just messin with racing boy Johnny with his comment.
Racing boy Johnny?
Old 12-27-2010, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by omerta one
I agree. Your original post did not include a canopy reference though, did it?
No it didnt Tom, I appologize for not including that.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:05 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,069 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by DollaBill
haha. Of course.
Then im all for it lol
Old 12-27-2010, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe
Who gives a chit anyways ?

There are 10 guys on here that can buy anything they want, the rest of the folks buy what is made available to them at a certain point in their life.

The criteria about how any boat handles in rough water is so far down the list of whats important it doesnt really matter.

Whether you have a local support shop or dealer close by is more important than how fast you can make a boat go or how big the waves are when you go play with it.

90% of the people on here cant afford to bust up their toy in rough seas anyway or risk blowing it up by pushing their engines to the limits.

I suggest that the number of cup holders that are in the boat and whether your wives like it and whether your kids are safe in it far outweigh the rest of the dialogue.

People should learn to love what their family can afford rather than worry about what sticker is glued on the side.

In todays marketplace and economic environment any boat builder that doesnt provide a very well built product wouldnt exist.

Just have fun with what ya got and enjoy the experience you can afford, safely and share it all with your family and friends.
Hold on a second there young man(). This thread has nothing to do with cup holders and our little brats at home! No sir. Our kids are not allowed to on this thread cause this is a MANS playground. And those cup holders you speak of are ACTUALLY beer holders! You want the truth? You can't handle the truth! Oh, and it IS about the sticker on the side! (although my boat doesnt have one One has got to be better than the other! Otherwise, they would all be priced the same!!!! (And Cig logos would be obsolete!) Please dont take our bickering away! Its all we have when its cold out for 6 Months out of the year and I cant argue with the wife more than I do now! If we have to throw our hands up and hug each other, then Im going to the Care Bears website and try to start trouble there!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-27-2010, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed
Hold on a second there young man(). This thread has nothing to do with cup holders and our little brats at home! No sir. Our kids are not allowed to on this thread cause this is a MANS playground. And those cup holders you speak of are ACTUALLY beer holders! You want the truth? You can't handle the truth! Oh, and it IS about the sticker on the side! (although my boat doesnt have one One has got to be better than the other! Otherwise, they would all be priced the same!!!! (And Cig logos would be obsolete!) Please dont take our bickering away! Its all we have when its cold out for 6 Months out of the year and I cant argue with the wife more than I do now! If we have to throw our hands up and hug each other, then Im going to the Care Bears website and try to start trouble there!!!!!!!!!

Argue ON .
Old 12-27-2010, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So does this thread mean that they need to start racing the sutphen in the OPA??!

Let people type and argue, its what makes this site great, and the other site stink. You cant even compare sutphen to OL i love it, a thread just to put one person in his place. But you have to give it to him, he sure does post an awful lot!
Old 12-27-2010, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, you guys are TOUGH......
Old 12-27-2010, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by richanton
Man, you guys are TOUGH......
+1, can't we all get along.
For the record, my boat doesn't have any cupholders or a chitter. My wife asked if we could at least add cupholders so I bought her a koozie with a suction cup on the bottom..
Old 12-27-2010, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 2,970 Likes on 981 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
OK Kid, I'll explain...since you just don't get it. Look at the above two posts from the "rough water boats" thread. In the first, you proclaim that you know alot of people who aren't happy with Pantera....then do a 180 when called on it...but throw in a lil cheerleading for Outerlimits. 99.9% of the people who frequent this website know that outerlimits builds an awesome boat, but it is a boat that very few can afford. That's a fact. In the past year, you post on every phucking thread how great Outerlimits are and how everything else sucks (except for Sutphens). Someone starts a thread asking what peoples opinions are between a Cig 46 and a 43 Nor-Tech...and here you come telling everyone how far superior an OL is to both of them. See what I mean?? I owned a Sutphen for 14 years. I know that they are well built boats......and so are Outerlimits, but I work for a living, own a house, just finished putting two kids through college, have three boats that are paid for, etc. We have a rule in my house and that simple rule is that toys don't get financed. An Outerlimits is out of my budget range. Period. I certainly don't think that my kevlar 1988 Cigarette with 800's and #6 drives is superior to every boat out there, but I love the chit out of it and it's mine.
I've never met you, don't know you, and have nothing against you. I started this thread because it's winter, it's cold as chit, it's snowing outside, the wind is blowing like a MoFo and I thought it would be a good winter time thread for the site. Don't get your panties all in a wad. Post your opinion on which brand is better!

Hopefully you can take this constructive criticism and see that you are doing more damage to OL than you are helping them. Part of growing up is learning how to laugh at yourself. Try it!!

Nice post but don't bother. I've been trying to reason with him for years now but he doesn't get that you need tact when dealing with others, even if you're representing what you believe to be the best boat built. Of course, Dans got an agenda - he works for OL which brings up a point you made that I agree with; he hurts OL more than helps. Those that know their product is great, don't need to chest thump all the time, the product speaks for itself. of course this is just my un-bias opinion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.