Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Gas Prices Ii (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/244669-gas-prices-ii.html)

Audiofn 12-27-2010 11:07 PM

It was a X guy from Shell that said all this. He has his own selfish motives for setting off panic like he is trying. He is invested in a company that is exporing alternative fuels..... If in fact it turns out that he is correct that as people above have said we are going to slide even deeper into a reccesion

cigboat1 12-27-2010 11:59 PM

SS930 has it pretty much on the money: The HP market boat is going to collapse ! ,then the marinas, gas docks, mechanic business. All of the rest of the boat companies will go under and from there on it will be like a bunch of dominos hitting the table...... Could have a total collapse of the economy !!!
Just because some greedy M.F. on Wall street wants to turn a fast buck...

Jim

GLH 12-28-2010 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by cigboat1 (Post 3284142)
...The HP market boat is going to collapse...

Going to collapse??? Ask anyone trying to sell a boat or finance a boat these days. Stuff's adjusting.

I'm not a big "sky is falling" guy... We've seen $4.50 a gallon before, part of the ups and down.

Use change to your advantage and adjust your business plan.

GLH 12-28-2010 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by baywatch (Post 3284060)
"Vegetarian Emergency Food Kit"
I'll be eating this stuff when everyone else is in line...

I wouldn't look before I flush... :drink:

baywatch 12-28-2010 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by GLH (Post 3284199)
I wouldn't look before I flush... :drink:

U look before u flush??
LMAO, Pretty sure that we will be without Electricity if I am eating that stuff so the well pump won't work and flushing will no longer be in the cards (although I guess I could use the 5 gallon bucket approach for a water source).

My New Years resolution is to spend less time looking at the debt clock and to do less reading up on George Soros so maybe I will become more bullish as a result and I can use all of that crap to feed the fish in our pond.

DollaBill 12-28-2010 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by cigboat1 (Post 3284142)
SS930 has it pretty much on the money: The HP market boat is going to collapse ! ,then the marinas, gas docks, mechanic business. All of the rest of the boat companies will go under and from there on it will be like a bunch of dominos hitting the table...... Could have a total collapse of the economy !!!
Just because some greedy M.F. on Wall street wants to turn a fast buck...

Jim

The collapse started in August of '07. The HP market has been decimated and is nearly 80% gone worldwide. The only place it can go is UP. There are small pockets of opportunity but it's def going to be a long ride.

tony davis 12-28-2010 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by cigboat1 (Post 3283993)
Well just got the news from my sources and a couple of hours too late...... By now all you guys have probably seen it on the national news on TV.
Gas is going to $4.50 /gal. by this summer !!!
High test will go to $4.65 to $ 4.75 /gal.
Marine gas will probably go to $5.10 .....
Marine high test probably $5.35 /gal

The national news said it will be $5.00 + /gal. by 2012 but Im sure it wont take that long........You know how these greedy stock market guys are!!!!! Time to buy gas stocks !!!

Jim

If only, I paid $8.50 a gallon yesterday, and it's going up in price again next week!!!!

you don't realise how fortunate you are!

SS930 12-28-2010 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by DollaBill (Post 3284215)
The collapse started in August of '07. The HP market has been decimated and is nearly 80% gone worldwide. The only place it can go is UP.

Really???????????

I agree it will go up in time, but it will take the recovery of the economy to do it. If the economy is not recovering AND fuel prices rise significantly, the HP market will fall further. If you dont believe that then you need to change your name and sale pitch to CrackPipeBill.

GLH 12-28-2010 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by baywatch (Post 3284212)
....and I can use all of that crap to feed the fish in our pond.

You have a pond...

Your way ahead of the deal then!!!!

baywatch 12-28-2010 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by GLH (Post 3284244)
You have a pond...

Your way ahead of the deal then!!!!

I think your further ahead than me LOL (my wife would love to have a mut to cruise the islands during the winter).

In all seriousness I think the trickle down of our "Just in time" distribution system in this country and the resulting transport costs will be far more painful to household budgets than putting a couple hundred gallons of fuel in a toy 10-15 times a season. I try to stay positive but prepare for the pain.

I do wish all of my oso brothers a very prosperous 2011!!