Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Scorceror (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/244670-scorceror.html)

Brad Zastrow 12-29-2010 09:58 AM

Ten years ago at the Oshkosh Poker Run we were on the first leg of the run and in front with nobody around, I thought we would be first to the card stop. In the distance we saw a rooster tail coming up behind us. Had to be 150 when he went by. I spoke to Rod and his father later about it and they laughed about how much race gas it took to do that. Really nice family.

DaveP 12-29-2010 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by catastrophe (Post 3284191)
I did a few poker runs with them when boat was being developed. Really drew a crowd when they started it up.
Unreal sound coming from those motors.

Real nice father/son team. They always took time to answer all the questions that came from the onlookers.
There was always a techy in back seat with a laptop doing high tech adjustments to the engines.

Way ahead of the rest of the group when they were doing all this.
In the runs I attended with them they always started and finished.

They really put a lot of effort into what they were doing and obviously a lot of money.

But.....real good people.

Ditto - I never got to know them but at all of the Canada runs I attended and they were there, they were very nice people.

RunninHotRacing163.1 12-29-2010 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by mikesufka (Post 3284936)
I think Brad Zastrow had a pretty good story about "sorcerer". If I recall, he was in his 30 Motion with triple 280's, running around 110 MPH, and the "Sorcerer" passed him like he was parked.

Pretty incredible and humbling story - I run a 30 Spectre with twin 300XS's (96-99 MPH) and feel like I'm running pretty good. Add a third engine to my boat and I'm running 110+ MPH. To be passed at that point...........WHOA!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully Brad can chime in and correct the details. This was from memory.

Mike

well it is a SKATER and thats when Rod opened a can of WOOP AZZ !!!!!!:evilb::lolhit:

mikesufka 12-29-2010 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow (Post 3284943)
Ten years ago at the Oshkosh Poker Run we were on the first leg of the run and in front with nobody around, I thought we would be first to the card stop. In the distance we saw a rooster tail coming up behind us. Had to be 150 when he went by. I spoke to Rod and his father later about it and they laughed about how much race gas it took to do that. Really nice family.

Was this in your Motion/280X3??????????

Brad Zastrow 12-29-2010 08:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was running flat out with full tanks of gas and four people at 110 mph for miles. 30' Motion cat with triple Mercury Racing 280 hp outboards. With no windshield your neck would get sore keeping your head upright from the wind. Fun boat. When Rod passed me I decided a faster boat was needed next year. That Sorcerer boat was the meanest sounding boat I have ever heard.

mikesufka 12-29-2010 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow (Post 3285397)
I was running flat out with full tanks of gas and four people at 110 mph for miles. 30' Motion cat with triple Mercury Racing 280 hp outboards. With no windshield your neck would get sore keeping your head upright from the wind. Fun boat. When Rod passed me I decided a faster boat was needed next year. That Sorcerer boat was the meanest sounding boat I have ever heard.

Awesome!!!!!!!!!! Talk about putting things in perspective.

Mike

Zoomnfun 12-30-2010 06:30 AM

Thought Fred Mandelini had something to do with the power they were making....

paintman 12-31-2010 06:43 AM

any vids

McGary911 12-31-2010 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by paintman (Post 3286107)
any vids

There used to be a video out there of the boat at the dock with the motors running. If I remember right, it had some crazy blower surge sounds. I looked, but couldn't find the clip.

purrfection 12-31-2010 08:33 AM

Try their old website, www.sorcererboating.com. There are pictures of the boat along with a recording of the sounds from the motors. Happy New Year.