Notices

Prelubrication system...

Old 05-16-2002, 12:31 AM
HavasuCat

I will call Mercury and findout. I will post when I get an answer.

Old 05-16-2002, 02:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK
I had about 450hrs on my FORMULA when I did the engines (HP500'S). All looked good inside except the rear exhaust valves, a little corrosion. The boat was used in mostly fresh water, but went to the Keys several times. On my 41, I have the Kieth Eikert prelubers and use them each weekend to oil the engines BEFORE start-up. I don't know if this will actually help, but at $35,000.00 for each engine, I ain't taking no chances. Besides, you can plug in a hose and change the oil real quick. The difference between KE's deal and MasterLube is the KE is 12volt where as the Master lube is pressure activated. Once the button is pushed on the MasterLube you only have the stored pressure to lube the engine. With the KE when you flip the switch, you can build oil pressure and hold it for as long as your battery will run the pump, and you can change the oil with the same pump. My vote is for the KE preluber, but what do I know, I have one of those antiquated V-Bottoms that everyone thinks is so slow.
Robert
Old 05-16-2002, 08:26 AM
Charter Member#350
Charter Member

I have the Master Lube and they look great, looks like I have nitrous tanks in my boat.
If you have the extra room in the engine compartment the Master Lube will look great. But I have to agree with Medicine Man in that with the Eikert you can use it to pump the oil out.
Old 05-16-2002, 08:33 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I think that they call if Forplay
Old 05-16-2002, 09:32 AM
Registered

I agree with Medicine man. Those KE are the bomb. I actually bought a pair of masterlubes and never installed them. Wound up selling them on OSO. I am running the KE prelubers as well. When you are spending the kind of money we all are on these motors, it is insurance well worth it. I switch to the KE becvause of the constant oil pressure and also the ability to change the oil with the KE, and you can not with the masterlubers. Anything to make the oil change process easier is worth it. I think that with prelubers and frequent oil changes you can really extend the life of oyur motor. But, be prepared when you get the pricng on the KE. OUCH.

Plus I agree with the Doc, the look cool.

And yes, I asked about the synthetic gear lube in the drives, and technically it could void the warentee..... It usually becaomes an issue if the drive has to get sent back to merc and is not servicable by your local center.
Old 05-16-2002, 10:46 AM
Registered

KE's are awesome! Do not run the pre-filter though, unless they have opened up the flow!
Old 05-16-2002, 10:55 AM
Registered

sr-24-

Can you please elaborate?
Old 05-16-2002, 11:43 AM
Registered

Default Thunderdan

I purchased the pre-oiler with the pre-filter. When I ran the unit I could not get any oil pressure to show on my gauge, so I called Brett. He told me to remove the pre-filter and see what happened and sure enough I had pressure. He also said that they had opened up the pre-filters to flow better. This kind of made me mad because why sell me one that you know may have troubles if you've already fixed the problem. Anyway, I returned it and was reimbursed my money.
Old 05-16-2002, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much is the KE pre-oiler???
Old 05-16-2002, 03:48 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just talked to Brett @ Eickert, the small filter is used between the oil pan and the pre-lube pump, not on the pressure out side of the pre-lube pump. It's job is to protect the pre-lube pump from damage from debris from the oil in the pan. Also the most pressure you should see on your oil pressure gauge with the pre-lube pump is 5 PSI. The filter is staying on my pre-lube system for my KE 675's.
Blue Skies,
Robbie

Quick Reply: Prelubrication system...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.