Old 12-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Circle D boats in Beaumont

Anyone know anything about this place?
Old 12-28-2010, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know Chris. He deals in outboards mostly.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chad1
I know Chris. He deals in outboards mostly.
Stand up guy?
Old 12-29-2010, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

never heard of him....does he build anything else other than egg beaters?
Old 05-14-2013, 06:52 PM
Registered

I feel like I am a pretty understanding person. I understand rules, and how to follow them...I also understand GOOD business practice. In my opinion this is place does NOT pride themselves in proper business etiquette. My husband and I were interested in purchasing a used boat from them yesterday, we then gave them $100 as a deposit....we then left, never signing any kind of binding contract. Things then fell through with our plans, and we decided to back out. We called Circle D Boats first thing this morning letting them know we are no longer purchasing the boat, in which they informed us we would not be receiving our $100 deposit back. Long story short; this "business" scammed $100 off a potential future customer. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB, researching my rights as a customer, and would urge anyone not to put money in the pockets of these crooks. I'm not sure how a "honest business man" could sleep at night, with this on his conscience. After all according to their website..."Circle D Boats is locally owned and operated and the #1 service center in Southeast Texas since 1987. Rely on us for outstanding customer service." I am having some issues with that last statement...it is very conflicting with my experience at Circle D Boats.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:01 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Twenty year old Bayliner wit a Force eggbeater ?
Old 05-15-2013, 09:49 PM
Registered

Just to add a little light. I called to let him know there was a customer upset. He said it is on the contracts and posted on the wall of the office that any deposits are non-refundable. He has always been fair and done a great job with anything I have brought to him. If I have ever put a deposit on anything airline tickets, beach houses, lake houses, boats, atv's , even without a contract it is kind of understood that aside and act of god or a illness you don't get it back. Sorry you feel you have been done wrong. But not very classy to bash some ones business on here over $100.00 deposit you backed out on..
Old 05-15-2013, 10:32 PM
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

I,ve done a lot of business with this place , and I,ve never had a problem with them ....they have always went over and above to help me with my boat .... and even came down on a sat. to help me with a part, so I could go out sun .......
Old 05-16-2013, 06:53 AM
SBX
Registered

Chris Domino is a good guy...he does mostly outboards as mentioned, he did change my starter, alt, and manifolds/risers on my 305 mag back before I realized that wasnt that hard of work on an I/O boat lol
Old 05-16-2013, 07:02 AM
Registered

I don't know anyone involved in this situation, but I will point out that the whole point of a deposit is so an item can be held so that full funds and pickup can be arranged. It is non refundable in my mind, like an assurance your going to pay for the item in full and any other potential buyers can be turned away.