Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   CAT vs V HULL Danger Rating? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/244754-cat-vs-v-hull-danger-rating.html)

H20 Toie 01-01-2011 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by KNOT-RIGHT (Post 3285336)
I respectfully disagree:drink:

The operational skill to operate a cat in the rough is far greater
then a vee. Cats will actually fly across the waves. This is where there will be a narrower margin in operating it safely. A vee will plow through the rough at a lower speed lending itself to a bigger margin for safety.

Take two top throttle men put one in a 47 vee
the other in a 46 Cat and run them side by side the cat
will be faster.

i agree but i was talking about being safer not faster, and when i said rough i wasn't talking about 3 footers, we get big water out here,
and of course there is always the exception. we did a run up to santa barbara few years ago and it was rough enough that you couldn't see over the next wave if you got into the trough.
there was a cat that blew by us like we were standing still.
i don't know how big the cat was because we never made it the whole way and he did.

HotPursuit 01-02-2011 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by SVL-WARLOCK (Post 3286859)
Hot pursuit
look I was just being honest. Not bragging.
I am not stupid by any stretch.
I made some mistakes and posted so maybe someone else wont do the same.
Also, take a look at a boat upside down in the water. The bow is sticking up and the stern, the back end, is under water. But hey you called me stupid.
Hope you have a Happy New Year

I Flipped a 25sxt cat with 850hp at 120 mph!! Been there done that but I didn't almost kill my girl friend,I wasn't drinking and it wasn't at night!! I sat on the sponsons and the plugs were no were near the water line.
Someone drinking period in any boat is asking for trouble!
This thread was started about which hull was safer not what's the stupidest thing you've done while drunk at night. People die all the time because of other peoples mistakes or lack of knowledge!! You got lucky that no one was killed and you can make fun of all the all bottles you hade to pick up at the launch. That sound like bragging to me!
Don't know your age when this took place but if you were under 12 I guess I will take back my stupid comment!!
Happy New Years

blownjet 468 01-02-2011 11:03 PM

I have a 25'sxt cat with a whippled 509- can't say enough
good things about it:drink: it's very fast-stable-just an all
around well built boat! ( my family has a place in king's beach
across from the golf course- was planning to take it up there
one of these days-maybe we could hook up and do some
boating!):evilb:

blownjet 468 01-02-2011 11:08 PM

if you want to check out some other warlock sxt cats, go look
on performanceboats.com in the tunnels & cats section! I
started a thread there! "who else has an SXT" POST SOME
PICS!!:drink:

Mastercraft240 01-02-2011 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by blownjet 468 (Post 3287563)
if you want to check out some other warlock sxt cats, go look
on performanceboats.com in the tunnels & cats section! I
started a thread there! "who else has an SXT" POST SOME
PICS!!:drink:

This is not a warlock SXT picture thread and doesn't look like anyones trying to buy one in this thread either. Back to topic. What's your plan tahoerick ?

vette131 01-03-2011 03:51 AM

three mentions of warlock & 2 of them are upside down!!

SVL-WARLOCK 01-03-2011 07:40 AM

Listen, the boat is an awesome boat. It was my fault it flipped. not the boats. I have had 4 sxt cats total. 2-25. Which I think might be the best or very close to the best bottom ever made in that range. Also 2-28 with tripple 2.5's. Nice boat also. I have had both my children in these at speed. From ages 2 on up. I was posting my mistakes and not bragging.

TahoeRick 01-03-2011 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by blownjet 468 (Post 3287562)
I have a 25'sxt cat with a whippled 509- can't say enough
good things about it:drink: it's very fast-stable-just an all
around well built boat! ( my family has a place in king's beach
across from the golf course- was planning to take it up there
one of these days-maybe we could hook up and do some
boating!):evilb:

Great idea, as soon as the temps get back up to reasonable numbers - its 27 degrees in my back yard and about 20 in Kings Beach! Lets get a Warlock party going, and anyone else who wants to come!

Rick

TahoeRick 01-03-2011 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by mastercraft240 (Post 3287564)
This is not a warlock SXT picture thread and doesn't look like anyones trying to buy one in this thread either. Back to topic. What's your plan tahoerick ?

My plan is to wait until it warms up at Folsom Lake (which is about a 2 and one half hr drive each way) and spend a lot of time seing how this boat turns at various speeds and tab settings, how to stop it from speed, try some runs across the wakes of others at slow to moderate speeds, just get really comfortable with this boat. I have talked to BBlades too and will most likely go for their trail program and end up with a pair of labbed 24 pitch props from them for Tahoe. Tahoe is really cold until about July - sometimes the end of July! It snowed here twice last June....

The input from everyone here at OSO has made me much more comfortable with my new purchase of a boat type I have never owned before. Considering that I am a performace oriented guy (I hated my 24 ft because it was SOOOO BORING - and it was a really nice boat - had everything you could ask for except power and it beat the snot out of you when the wind came up at Tahoe.) I think this was a good decision and I just need to be very sane when operating it. I sincerely thank everyone at OSO for the advice they have given me and hope I meet everyone on the lake here this summer, or Folsom! THANKS!

TahoeRick 01-03-2011 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by HotPursuit (Post 3287484)
I Flipped a 25sxt cat with 850hp at 120 mph!! Been there done that but I didn't almost kill my girl friend,I wasn't drinking and it wasn't at night!! I sat on the sponsons and the plugs were no were near the water line.
Someone drinking period in any boat is asking for trouble!
This thread was started about which hull was safer not what's the stupidest thing you've done while drunk at night. People die all the time because of other peoples mistakes or lack of knowledge!! You got lucky that no one was killed and you can make fun of all the all bottles you hade to pick up at the launch. That sound like bragging to me!
Don't know your age when this took place but if you were under 12 I guess I will take back my stupid comment!!
Happy New Years

How did you flip your boat? What were the circumstances leading up to it? Just want to know what can go wrong......